Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shadow5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2015
Wow. I've really been loving Apple Music until now. All of a sudden, tracks in my iTunes library that I own are showing up as No Longer Available, meaning that at one point in the scanning process, iTunes is incorrectly believing them to be Apple Music tracks, but now since it can't find them, are labeling them No Longer Available, making it impossible for me to download them on my iPhone.

This is terrible. I've e-mailed Apple, but does anyone have a fix for this? Hoping to get it resolved before they eventually get back to me days from now.

Thanks.

iTunes 12.3.3.17
OS X 10.11.4

Shadow5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2015
Just got off the phone with tech support for an hour. The first guy was adamant that Apple Music doesn't have the iCloud Music Library, only iTunes Match does (which is incorrect), the second girl (an advisor) couldn't help me and transferred me to tech support, then I was cut off saying that it's past business hours. :confused:

Shadow5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2015
To add, the first guy said it might've been something that's affecting those who had iTunes Match and let it lapse, which I did in January. He said once you let it lapse you have 90 days to do something (perhaps download your music?, I honestly can't remember). I'd say I started having problems with matching well before the 90 days, but it's a possibility. I noticed in the other thread, Bane, that you had Match as well.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
when u use any steaming service your using their service.... the songs they match, the tracks u stream don't belong to u... since the matched ones are better versions, (and sometimes different versions) of your one..

On the face of it,,, its still your music, but on the other hand Apple did upgrade it (replaced) it more likely, with their equivalent.

Regardless, it's still their service and they can do how they see fit. I get annoyed with songs are "No longer available" but for me anyway, their Apple's own music on the service, so they have even more of a right to do this since i never owned it in the first place..

That's why i use third party software to DRM free them . I know what to expcet when i use such cloud services, so i do my own thing...

The only exception would probably be iCloud drive, but even then your still storing data on their servers. The only way i know of not running into any of this is never sync to the cloud, and play locally at all times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.