Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lifetimechaldo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2012
For example, If you go to the current "Dr. Dre: The Pharmacy" playlist:

I have the full albums of 2001 and The Chronic on my iPhone, yet only some of the songs on that playlist have the little locally saved icon in the corner.

The song "The Next Episode" is being shown as on my phone yet the song "Still D.R.E." is not, even though both are diffidently on my iPhone.

Anyone else with this issue?

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Apple Music and more specifically ICloud Music Library is a complete mess when it comes to locally stored music. Be it issues you're having and issues of IML uploading incorrect artwork and incorrect versions of songs. It's kinda trash.

Apple Music on it's own is great, but this whole having to turn on IML for "matching and uploading your library to the cloud" just so you can save stuff off of Apple Music for offline. Which in most cases totally wrecks your library is idiotic.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
After talking to someone else who had a similar issue. Our best and most plausible cause for that is when iCloud Music Library scanned your music files to determine wether your songs matched up to what's on iTunes/Apple Music or not. Songs in Apple Music playlists even though you have them, IML deemed it not a match. So Apple Music doesn't recognize you actually have it already. (It only knows 100% you have it if it was a match to their copy.)

Double, triple check how those songs that are missing the icons have all exactly the same tagging. If anything is off remove it from IML, re add it back into your local library, edit the tags and then right click and add it back to IML. If you're lucky it will match and then make it available for offline on your phone. (If it was a match his time it should show the icon when lookin at it through Apple Music)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.