Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
I'm having a few issues with Apple Music. I have added music off my personal collection to my library however some of the songs are blanked out and I cannot play them, whereas one or two of the songs from the album are playable. I have attached a picture to show the issue:

babae20f8bc05133f989d38b2a3d22c8.png

Can anyone help to get the full album to show? Thanks

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
what so gone are the days where you can put music from your computer on to your phone to listen to, even if you own it?

Reactions: tonyr6

Manatlt

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2013
London, UK
what so gone are the days where you can put music from your computer on to your phone to listen to, even if you own it?

Yes. Even if you actually own the file, if Apple Music no longer has the license to play the track, it will blank out regardless. You need it either downloaded on your device before AM lost it or get out of AM altogether.

I learnt that the hard way. I have 1 more month of AM left, before I switch back to iTunes Match. AM is still too buggy with my library.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
Yes. Even if you actually own the file, if Apple Music no longer has the license to play the track, it will blank out regardless. You need it either downloaded on your device before AM lost it or get out of AM altogether.

I learnt that the hard way. I have 1 more month of AM left, before I switch back to iTunes Match. AM is still too buggy with my library.

Honestly that is absolutely crazy. I literally cannot believe that it works like that.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland

Does anyone know the criteria for this situation? I have a couple of Fleetwood Mac albums in my library from the Bob Welch years that play just fine. They're not in the Apple Music Library and were uploaded to AM from my computer.

Also, I have demos of songs on which I own publishing and I've never granted a license to Apple Music...they play no problem.

And I'm speaking of streaming via my iPhone.

M. Gustave

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2015
Grand Budapest Hotel
Any time I've seen this on my phone, I used this procedure to fix it:

Delete the album from Apple Music on the phone. On your pc iTunes, you'll now see those tracks as "Removed x" for iCloud Status. Now, right-click on them all, and choose 'add to my Apple Music library'. Works every time.

I've yet to run into any case where it was due to something other than simply bad matching. I think the above answers about 'licensing issues' are wrong.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Well I see that updates from iTunes on Mac to iOS is not updating again. Play counts and a new song I added (not available in AM) album art not showing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.