Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today announced a Snapchat account for Apple Music that initially provides a behind-the-scenes look at Beats 1 Radio and its personalities while also showing off segments of the cities it operates from with some music playing in the background. It's unknown what kind of content the account will provide in the future.

applemusicsnapchat.png

The account's first Snapchat "story", which is the combination of multiple photos and videos taken throughout its first day of operation, takes followers on a journey from Beats 1's Los Angeles HQ with Zane Lowe, watching as he works on his show before it switches to London and fellow DJ Julie Adenuga. After watching Adenuga work, the account changes course to Ebro Darden in New York City.

The account provides an interesting look into the work environments of Beats 1's three DJs, with each of them showing off their equipment and enthusiasm for the music they're playing. Adenuga's segment includes her teasing an interview with musical artist Ellie Goulding, answering questions and letting users know they should check out the For You tab of Apple Music. The Snapchat story, which currently sits at 184 seconds, is being updated periodically throughout the day.

Apple has thus far taken a very liberal approach to using social media to draw awareness to Apple Music, heavily using Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr to tease and announce exclusive music, interviews and music videos. Snapchat, whose users tend to be younger, is yet another progression of that effort. Snapchat users can follow Apple Music on the service by adding "applemusic" as a friend.

Article Link: Apple Music Snapchat Account Takes Users Behind the Scenes of Beats 1 Radio

jmh600cbr

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2012
bold the account name and put it at the top. i don't really care about the content of this article, just the username and the article title.

JUiCEJamie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Interesting! – Makes total sense. Even though they say beats1 is a world station.. I believe its targeted at millennials, which pretty much is the demographic of snapchat users.
Personally, I’m not always keen on businesses using snapchat accounts.. but, if they create decent engaging content that’s worth watching – then go for it!

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
Apple is using social media to build awareness of its music service? Well I don't know how long I'm going to be able to play hard to get and just fire up that 3 months worth of free service.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I sent them a snap a few weeks ago after their Snapchat account was briefly shown on the Apple Music section of their website. Yesterday I received a notification that the account had taken a screenshot - was quite amusing. I presume it was done automatically, but amusing nonetheless.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 10,299
Reactions: Chuck Kostalnick
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.