Apple must have something new in the works very soon...

Discussion in 'Community' started by nagromme, Apr 3, 2003.

1. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

...according to my latest high-tech prediction method:

The Apple home page has been stuck on the WWDC date change forever! Is that much of a sales message?? I know it mentions Panther, but that's a far-distant product, and you can't get any info from clicking that image. (Unless you're actually a developer attending WWDC--and they have mailing lists for that.) You'd think that WWDC thing would have qualified for demotion to a bottom-button after a few days.

So maybe Apple has been anticipating a new home-page feature ever since then, and has been expecting each day to be the change--except for unforseen delays that have interfered. If they KNEW ahead of time that the next big announcement would be a while coming, wouldn't they at least switch the home page now to ANYTHING else, like the 17" PowerBook shipping or the new Xserve Cluster Node? But there the WWDC message still sits...

2. dobbin macrumors 6502a

dobbin

I don't think they will announce any big news until the war is over.

Firstly because they won't stand any chance of getting any decent media coverage, and secondly because I expect the economy (and hence people's spending power) to rise at that time.

I'm not suggesting they have anything major to release, but if they do I think they'll be holding it back for a few weeks.

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Well, I think that they're hoping the war will be over by the time they're ready to release something new. There is no way they'd be able to bank on the outcome or length of the war.....it just wouldn't make any sense.

D

4. shakespeare macrumors 6502

Exactly - unfortunately, the war will probably last quite a while, conceivably several months. Apple couldn't wait that long to introduc a new product.

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

well we are in bagdad now, so now we just gotta wait. i really dont think this war will be over by wwdc, but the coverage on it may die down. i know now i dont watch the news much on the war anymore, i just read cnn.com everyday to catch up.

iJon

6. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I think apple will just wair a lil' while for the economy to improve
    and then will release whatever they are going to release.

7. nagromme thread starter macrumors G5

nagromme

On the other hand, if a product is ready, what's the harm in releasing it before the economy improves? It will still sell the same later on when (if?) things get better... and may even sell better because awareness and pent-up demand will be waiting for the cash to spend. And meanwhile, they'll sell some right from the start.

I can see waiting on the economy to DEVELOP a product, but not to sell one that's done.

(My crystal ball says 2012 for WW3 to truly be over--although this current Iraq phase might end sooner!)

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

An example of that is that the mainstream media made no mention of Al Gore being added to the board at Apple.

They may just not have anything to release at this time. We will just have to continue to discuss what the release of "Panther" in September will mean! :)