Apple NEEDS a general business application

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by beatle888, May 8, 2006.

1. beatle888 macrumors 68000

beatle888

How can Mr. Jobs over look this need. Professionals on the mac need a project based business app. and i cant believe that i have to have my address book, calendar and mail application all running in seperate windows as seperate applications taking up way to much screen space and memory. and all those apps still dont take care of general project tasks. entourage is my only option but i still cant outline a project. ive looked at omnipro, notetaker, stickybrain, backpack, circus pony, sharedplan....NOTHING....

sigh, ok, i just wanted the mac community to know that there is no easy way for me to do this. i mean is taking notes, a to-do list, a nice calendar, a way to outline projects in a hierarchy, a contacts pane and maybe built in email to much to ask? entourage is the closest by far but i still cant outline a projects structure and it looks like ass compare to ical but anyway...

just venting.

2. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

asherman13

OmniOutliner came included with my MBP...if that helps. :eek:

3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Have you tried venting to companies that make this kind of software but don't have Mac versions? Apple isn't the only company that makes Mac software.

Lethal

4. beatle888 thread starter macrumors 68000

beatle888

outliners pretty cool. i havent decided yet but since i cant integrate calendar events and emails that might pertain to a specific project organized in outliner...it loses its appeal.

i just wonder why apple would develop iWork and decide not to address this need. i really get turned off when an application wont let me do what i want. :)

5. beatle888 thread starter macrumors 68000

beatle888

like what?
    P.S. i directed my rant towards apple because i would only trust apple to do it right. however im sure if you browse my original post you will see that i am well aware of the other companies making mac software. thanks for trying to be helpful though. your work is done.

6. mrichmon macrumors 6502a

You mean like ProjectX?

7. beatle888 thread starter macrumors 68000

beatle888

nice find with the Project X.

it looks like sharedplan but nicer looking. im gonna sign up for the beta and maybe use entourage for everyday notes pertaining to a specific project...sigh.

i was thinking how nice it would be if software developers could follow standards that would allow them enough freedom to create and still be integrated with other apps.

8. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

9. thomastsui macrumors newbie