Apple Needs To Change the 15" iMac!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by LaMerVipere, Jun 1, 2004.

1. LaMerVipere macrumors 6502a

LaMerVipere

When Apple upates the iMacs to G5's (which is likely going to happen at WWDC 2004) I really really hope they do not use the current 15" iMac screen again. It's such a horrible waste to have a 15" screen and have it not even be widescreen or capable of better than 1024x768 resolution.

I'd like to see the iMac G5's have widescreen across the board, the lower end using the 15" screen from the powerbooks, 17" and 20" stay as is (screen wise)

2. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

I agree. The 15" should be widescreen. What I would like to see the iMacs have is a 128MB graphics card, a 1.8 G5 and a 8x superdrive. I've always liked the design of the iMacs, but there has been a lot of talk that Apple will change the design when they upgrade to G5. Im sure they'll blow me away with the new design, though, so I'm not worried :) .

Best wishes,
    JOD8FY

3. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

i don't think you have anything to worry about as far as design goes. when the imac switches to a G5, it will have a completely reworked appearance.

4. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

As long as the imac G5 has the arm I am happy.

5. wide macrumors 6502a

I agree with all of you. Apple needs to make an iMac that would be a powerhouse and would also be affordable. That way, a G5 tower isn't the only option for people who need a powerful computer. Apple should also upgrade all of their computers' graphics cards to 64 mb in my opinion, so in a couple years they won't be too outdated.

6. LaMerVipere thread starter macrumors 6502a

LaMerVipere

So true, I have high hopes that Apple will blow us away once again when it comes to the iMac G5. I don't expect an aluminum enclosure or anything (since that seems to be reserved for pro-products only), and i heard it rumoured somewhere before that more plastic will be used in the next iMac design, but its anyone's guess really. :p

7. thehuncamunca macrumors 6502

1.6Ghz G5
    80GB serial ATA
    2GB+ ram max
    higher resolution display
    same price

now that would make the imac more competitive

8. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

I would also like to see an upgradable graphics card, but I am pretty sure that won't happen.