Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Connecticut's sixth Apple Store location is set to open on Saturday, August 23 at The Promenade Shops at Evergreen Walk in South Windsor. Rumors of a new Apple Store at Evergreen Walk first popped up in February, after a black construction box showed up at the location, between Ann Taylor and the Clarks shoe store.

The Promenade Shops at Evergreen Walk is an outdoor shopping area housing more than 50 different retail stores and eateries. The new Apple Store joins five other Connecticut locations in Danbury, Farmington, Greenwich, New Haven, and Stamford.

evergreenwalk.jpg
The Evergreen Walk store in July, courtesy of a MacRumors reader
Apple's South Windsor store will open at 10 a.m. local time on Saturday, where employees will likely hand out T-shirts to the first customers to visit the new location. The store has already begun accepting reservations for workshops and Genius Bar appointments.

Article Link: Apple to Open New South Windsor, Connecticut Store on August 23

ricci

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2012
NYC
Kind of small for Apple huh ? Well, at least it's another new store which is good!

Topher227

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago, IL
Got an email about this today.

Everything Apple. Now live and in person.
Introducing the Apple Store, Evergreen Walk. Join us for our grand opening August 23 at 10:00 a.m.
The grand opening of the Apple Store, Evergreen Walk, is almost here. Come in and try the latest Apple products. Attend training sessions and free workshops. Talk to great people who can answer all your questions. And if you’re one of our first 1000 customers, you’ll take home a free commemorative T-shirt.

Hopefully I can get one of the shirts!

This new store will be much closer to me -- 10 min from work/home.... however, the second closest store is a mere 15 min from work... 25 min from home, tough life, haha.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
The lines at Westfarms can be insane though. Also, not having to go west of the river is a big bonus. :)

DSquiz

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2014
Yes! I live 10 min from there. I have hated having to drive through Hartford to go all the way to West Farms.

Now I can get my iPhone's power button fixed before the UConn football season starts.

BuCkDoG

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2013
I just think its kind of funny how everyone completely disregarded this original post back in February like I was out of my mind and now clearly it is a new store opening in the area. Plus whoever posted this thread from MacRumors staff mentioned "courtesy of a MacRumors Reader" instead of BuCkDoG lol. Come on I was hoping for a shoutout! :) Anyways, Im glad to see that this new store is opening this Saturday.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
I just think its kind of funny how everyone completely disregarded this original post back in February like I was out of my mind and now clearly it is a new store opening in the area. Plus whoever posted this thread from MacRumors staff mentioned "courtesy of a MacRumors Reader" instead of BuCkDoG lol. Come on I was hoping for a shoutout! :) Anyways, Im glad to see that this new store is opening this Saturday.

I remember that thread. There was one guy acting like he was connected, "I haven't heard anything about this, it must be false!"

BassPlayer

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2011
West Haven, CT
Life sucked for me until the New Haven store opened.

Had an issue with my iPhone 4 power button and had to drive up to Danbury to get the replacement. Now, I'm 5 minutes from Apple.

BornAgainApple

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
Massachusetts
Seems like there is an eastern part of Connecticut that has to choose between Providence, Boston, and West Farms. This should be much more convenient.

It's less than 15 minutes east of Westfarms on a good day; too close IMO, but Apple knows what they're doing. It'll be a toss-up for me from Sturbridge: go to Holyoke and pay the MA Pike toll or this new store and pay more sales tax (unless it's warranty work).

Patdt13

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2008
It's less than 15 minutes east of Westfarms on a good day; too close IMO, but Apple knows what they're doing. It'll be a toss-up for me from Sturbridge: go to Holyoke and pay the MA Pike toll or this new store and pay more sales tax (unless it's warranty work).

Seems like it would be a lot easier for you to go to Holyoke then East Windsor. As for me, I live in Enfield so I'll love having a store close by

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB

I agree it's pretty close to West Farms. But as you say Apple clearly knows what they are doing. Evergreen Walk is pretty upscale so I think it fits in there better than anything in Manchester.

Maybe it's just my perception but residents in the Hartford area would rather not have to cross the Connecticut River to go shopping and so the South Windsor store is a good option for those east of the river.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
Exactly, going west of the river is like crossing the neutral zone. You just don't so it unless it's a matter of life or death, LOL.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.