Apple & Nikon

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc. Rumors' started by ponyboy, Feb 11, 2002.

1. ponyboy macrumors regular

I see the simalarities between Apple and Volkswagen so how about Apple and Nikon? http://www.nikonusa.com/coolpix/frame.html . Nikon is taking after apple with the upcoming release of a new digital camera, being very secretive, counting down the days and giving a new "clue" everyday but check out the frame of the circle in the middle of this link. Are those not the ipod control buttons? How about a totally iniegrated with iphoto, icamera from nikon just a thought.

Seybold is on the same day as the nikon announcment???????

2. bingimar macrumors member

Name for the new Nikon

what about iKon or ikon

3. rekras macrumors regular

lol nikon wishes it could build hype like apple can, noone will give a sh*t about they're new camera.

4. ponyboy thread starter macrumors regular

No doubt nikon doesnt come close, in fact I dont think I have ever seen any apple idea copied that even comes close to the original. I just thought the attempt was a crack up

5. bingimar macrumors member

What

Hey!

Nikon builds the very best cameras around!

how do you like them apple's

6. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Re: What

I like Canons best!

The DigitalDream camera l'espion was one of the best things I have bought this year (http://www.digitaldreamco.com)

7. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Re: What

I'm more of a Minolta man myself... I bought the last one because I have a 75-300 zoom lense that I didn't want to give up. It was from a previous minolta camera that I worked a trade on. I went for the best one I could find, and didn't go with the completely auto camera. This one can be full auto, full manual, or any combination. That, and it does what I need/want it to. THAT is the most important thing, get what you want, that does what you need/want, and be happy with the purchase. Why else would we buy Mac's in the peecee dominated world?? Because we KNOW better :D.

8. crassusad44 macrumors 6502a

Nikon has the best pro digital cameras ($3000 and up), but for the mid-range (like the CoolPix'), i prefer Fujifilm...

The hype Nikon is building is nowhere near Apple before MWSF, even though Nikon has pretty loyal costumers...

My 2¢

9. wesley.bowman macrumors newbie

Nikon, schmikon - Leica is the way to go!

Leica is the exact opposite of Apple. They create a buzz by introducing a camera with the same old 50 year old technology.