Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Speaking at an event with reporters, France Telecom-Orange CEO Stephane Richard said that Apple was "more flexible", "paying more attention to everyone else" and "a little less arrogant" than they had been in the past, reports AllThingsD.

NewImage4.png
"Apple has (become) more flexible, paying more attention to everyone else, probably a little less arrogant than they used to be," France Telecom-Orange CEO Stephane Richard said during a dinner with reporters in Barcelona on Monday. Characterizing today's Apple with the same company under Steve Jobs, Richard said, "I think they are probably a little more under pressure, and it is quite nice."
Richard went on to talk about the some other issues affecting the telecom industry, including the "very difficult" time Windows Phone will have competing with entrenched operating systems like iOS and Android, particularly because the platform doesn't yet have a "'wow' effect".

Article Link: Apple Now 'More Flexible', 'Less Arrogant' Reports France Telecom CEO

LordJohnWhorfin

macrumors regular
May 28, 2002
And he knows something about becoming a little less arrogant, seeing all his customers flee to Free mobile. Orange is as despicable and evil as AT&T, I hope they choke on a ham sandwich and die.

iphone495

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2012
"Less Arrogant"? Now Steve would never let that happen.

This joke never gets old.

Last edited:

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
I only had to read the first paragraph for this :(
Apple isn't supposed to hop on the bandwagon. They're supposed to start it.
And.... Orange. Wonder where they got that idea from :rolleyes:

3N16MA

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2009
Space
So many CEOs are happy that they now have to meet with Tim instead of Steve. Steve probably made them feel like fools no matter what their status. Of course it was that arrogance that turned Apple around.

The French have won more wars than most countries have including the USA.

But go on make fun of the French.

Is anyone supposed to be impressed that a country like France which is much more mature than a country like the U.S. has won more wars? Especially when they existed in an era where war was quite common?

Potus

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2002
"Less Arrogant"

Is that the same as "less cutting edge" and "in the fast race toward mediocrity"?

Neuro

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2003
London
Hmm, tell that to the Logic Pro users trying to make a living with no response whatsoever about the major lag issues on Mountain Lion.

I've never known such an arrogant company to be honest. At least Microsoft keep their nasty bugs in the open for all to discuss.

Apple just pretend everything is 'fine'.

Kaibelf

Suspended
Apr 29, 2009
Silicon Valley, CA
The French have won more wars than most countries have including the USA.

But go on make fun of the French.

They are also a far older country, so one would think that after being around TEN TIMES as long as the United States, France would learn to get along with others more.

Zmmyt

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2005
i just hope not being flexible & arrogance doesn't pay off in the end.

i'm all positive for Apple's upcoming products...they are already brilliant. hard to screw things up so bad that everything falls into pieces.

i'm just very curious to see their next "wow"!

I love French whine and cheese.

what an unnecessary comment.

Four oF NINE

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2011
Hell's Kitchen
They are also a far older country, so one would think that after being around TEN TIMES as long as the United States, France would learn to get along with others more.

France gets along fine with most nations, including the USSR; more so than the United States ever did.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.