Apple offered me $100 off an iPad mini, not sure if I should buy one

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by maddog91, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors regular

Oct 14, 2011
    I'm trying to convince myself I could use it, and want it. Like most people when it comes to buying a tablet.

I'm just not sure if spending (after taxes 250) is worth it. I know I can always just re-sell it and get every penny I paid for back.. So thinking of doing that, but can someone people who use it tell me if it is something I will use, Im wanting it for,

couch browsing
    some videos while I do some cardio in the gym
    when I'm on the go say home for the weekend or something like that.
    read up on tech sites.

Or should I just keep my air as my main, and thats it.
  2. macrumors 65816

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern California
    I would get it, try it for a week and sell it if you dont like it. You really have nothing to lose unless you break it.
  3. macrumors 601

Mar 6, 2008
    In the land of no hills and red dirt.
    Different use scenarios. I loved my air (now the 17" in the sig below) for sitting on my chair in my house for extended periods reading and typing. The LTE iPad with a logitech ultrathin keyboard is the take with you internet anywhere mini laptop that you can do iOS apps on. The mini is the tablet that you throw in your jacket pocket or purse and have on you at all times.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Aug 30, 2010

I gotta ask how did you get apple to offer you 100 off the iPad mini?
  5. thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 14, 2011
    I have a way with words lol.. People really under estimate the power of ones voice and how, when used properly, it will get you soooooo much lol.. Not bragging my own self but I got a 64fb iphone 5 for the cheapest price on ATT after only being on their contract for 12 months, as well as 175 dollars of credit towards my bills.... Pretty much, complain when something isn't right.. And you get mountains moved..
  6. macrumors 68000

Jan 11, 2012
    Eastern CT

Why would apple give you $100 off? I want $100 of.
  7. thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 14, 2011
  8. macrumors 65816

Oct 11, 2008
    Youre' just bragging that you were an irate customer. "Irate" is being used nicely.
  9. macrumors 6502a

Dec 6, 2009
    OP, no offense, but you're full of absolute ****.

Apple did not offer you a base Mini for $229. You are extremely insignificant to Apple, despite your petty attempts to feel superior on a forum.

You will never be able to prove you bought a Mini for $229 directly from Apple, and I guarantee that.

Number one, if you're so good with words, you would have ample business sense to buy the damn thing and resale it anyway.
  10. macrumors G5

Aug 17, 2007
    Hate to say it, but my BS meter is going off as well.
  11. macrumors 6502a

Mar 31, 2012
    Pics or it didn't happen
  12. macrumors 65816

Dec 11, 2009
    Oh I'm sure Apple is offering you their incredibly in demand budget tablet for $100 off just a week after launch. #sarcasm
  13. macrumors 6502a

Aug 30, 2011
    I cannot begin to tell you how much I just don't care.
  14. macrumors 6502a

Jun 21, 2009
    Central, Louisiana
  15. macrumors regular

Sep 25, 2007
    Smells a bit like BS, why not just buy it and sell it to someone and make a couple of bucks or get it as a deal. $229 is cheap cheap for a tablet.
  16. macrumors 6502a

Jul 11, 2010
    Georgia, USA
    Had some experience with this guy on another forum.

Full of BS
  17. macrumors 6502

Jul 25, 2012
  18. macrumors 68000

Sep 18, 2010
    Hamilton, New Zealand
  19. macrumors regular

May 3, 2010
    Don't be so sure. I got a 13" MacBook Air Ultimate for 10% extra off in addition to the educators discount because they made a mistake and I called them out on it...however...that was on the 2010 model when the 2011 model was announced 2 months later. Much different from a release week product.
  20. macrumors 6502

Oct 8, 2010
    Hey ding dongs. You can get $100 off coupons for extreme issues and the $45 off coupon for minor issues. Don't act like it is impossible when you are the one looking like a fool. Here is a sample of some of the deals you can score and this is on MACBOOK PRO, ipad 4, ipad 3, ipad mini or refurbs. nuff said

Attached Files:

21. macrumors 68030

Jul 5, 2008
    Thule GL @ the TOW
  22. macrumors 68020

Jan 28, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    He's mastered the skill 90% of us Genius Bar frequent fliers wish we have !!

Personally, I'd buy one and go straight to craigslist and use that silver tongue of yours to get a good deal for it
  23. macrumors 6502a

smoking monkey

Mar 5, 2008
    I think the title of the thread is misleading. I don't think Apple are offering him a discounted iPad mini. They have given him a $100 voucher to use at any Apple store on any item for the reasons quoted above. The OP just wishes to apply this voucher to an iPad Mini.

That's my take on it anyway...

but he's right. Speak the right way to people and push the right buttons and you can get things others don't. But there usually has to be some type of problem involved. I do it all the time at Hotels and it's amazing what you get for free.
  24. macrumors member

Mar 10, 2011
    is the OP an employee of apple? do they get discounts?

i paid $260 including tax for my apple mini bc i returned a few free accessories i got from my iphone order :p also got a free smart cover :)
  25. AJsAWiz, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012

macrumors 68030

Jun 28, 2007
    I'm sure there are others who have "a way with words" as well, but the question is specifically how did you get the $100 off iPad Mini offer?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.