Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hellomoto4

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
Australia
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

joelypolly said:
shipped for melbourne, australia

Also in Melbourne and yet to ship here. I'm not too worried though. When did you order, just for information sake?

slicecom

macrumors 68020
Aug 29, 2003
Toronto, Canada
I ordered about an hour and a half after the keynote ended. Hasn't shipped yet, but I'm zone 1, so I'm not concerned. It doesn't really matter when they start shipping because they're all headed to local storage facilities where they'll sit until launch day anyways.

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
The Canada map is so random. So if you live on the other side of the AB/SK border the UPS guy will just sit in his truck for 1-2 business days before he drops it off at your farm? lol
That map is pretty random. The outer coast of Vancouver Island (only accessible by boat and float plane) is set to receive their iPads before Whitehorse - or Quebec City. In fact, the whole of the Yukon is zone 5.

I wouldn't put any money on the accuracy of that map. But then again, isn't that how national borders got drawn in the first place.... some white guy far away drawing lines on a map of place he has no real knowledge of?
So let me get this straight? The guy from the South has to praise the Canadian North to a Canadian?

Just checking...

Seriously, it is apparently pretty nice. A friend of mine went to Iqualuit and he loved it.

Nunavut is a great place... and not just Iqaluit (note: no 'u' after the 'q' - even our own Prime Minister gets this wrong, however). Been there twice.... once in February. Brrrrr.

Not ordering the New iPad.... I'll wait for #4 and pick up #3 on sale. My iPad 1 is still fine.

GenesisST

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2006
Where I live
Nunavut is a great place... and not just Iqaluit (note: no 'u' after the 'q' - even our own Prime Minister gets this wrong, however). Been there twice.... once in February. Brrrrr.

D'oh! I'll never forget it from now on... Thanks!

Not ordering the New iPad.... I'll wait for #4 and pick up #3 on sale. My iPad 1 is still fine.

I'm still on a 3GS and the iPad 3 will be my first, once I decide to order one.

There is no hurry...

bolshoi

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2011
I've often wondered how large of a 'tecchie' community exists there in any case.. And if it does, do they have the same passion for their gadgets?

For tech problems, Bob's the man in Iqaluit. Sometimes, when he gets a little behind, Sylvan flies up from Montreal to help him. ;-)

hamidb83

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2008
I preordered 2 white 16gb wifi only shortly after the announcement around 1pm PST and status is "preparing for shipment" :S
I'm in Vancouver btw.

the same here. I ordered one 32Gb black wifi one hour after the event and the status is preparing for shipment.

iManiac

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2007
Vancouver, BC
I ordered at about the same time as you in Toronto, its sunday march 11 in late afternoon, and no shipped email.

For Canada, the only ones that have shipped are the engraved ones which ship from China. All the other ones are presumably not coming from China (or they would have to have shipped already) and are likely coming from inside North America and will probably ship tomorrow or even Tuesday. MacRumors did run a story saying Apple was moving tonnes of freight over the past weeks so they likely have lots in warehouses in NA.

Xenc

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2010
London, England
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

It's times like this that I appreciate the relatively tiny size of the UK.

iManiac

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2007
Vancouver, BC
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

It's times like this that I appreciate the relatively tiny size of the UK.

Yep, Concorde did Land's End to John O'Groats in 24 minutes, whereas Canada would take 2.5 hours at its widest. It takes a long time to get around. :)

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
For Canada, the only ones that have shipped are the engraved ones which ship from China. All the other ones are presumably not coming from China (or they would have to have shipped already) and are likely coming from inside North America and will probably ship tomorrow or even Tuesday. MacRumors did run a story saying Apple was moving tonnes of freight over the past weeks so they likely have lots in warehouses in NA.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!

Planning to go away this weekend so an iPad delivery on Friday (before 5pm, please, Apple!) would be perfect.

Cdbrawn

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2012
Perth is in zone 2, but North of Perth is Zone 1. That makes no sense! Its the frigging capital of Western Australia and is the largest city in the state!

They moved Perth south of where it really is. :eek:

Compare it to Google Maps - someone needs to move it up a bunch of pixels.

macmikey2

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2008
West Chester, PA

I do believe this is true. I received my shipment notice here in PA and it said it was picked up in Middletown, PA, just about 2 hours from me. So they shipped a boatload (or a few) here to pre-stage them.

Mike

edit: what makes me pissy is that it IS only 2 hours away and I have to wait. At least if it was coming from China I'd know it wasn't close.

Last edited:

zarusoba

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2006
Australia
"Apple now relocating major cities to expedite iPad shipping"

According to the map, it looks like Melbourne has been moved to Sale! :eek:

Edit: Just noticed that Sydney has been moved to Woollongong. Starting to feel a little disoriented...

Anyone else notice Melbourne is in the wrong place on the map?

mcz

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2012
I ordered my engraved iPad on the 7th around 4 pm. It was shipped on the
9th from Shenzhen, China and arrived in Anchorage that evening. 3 days later it is still hanging out in Alaska.

The cover I ordered arrived in Anchorage on the 9th as well and landed in Ontario today. It travelled via Kentucky and Buffalo. It is expected to arrive at my home tomorrow (3/13) before 3 pm.

As my iPad is engraved, the arrival date was noted as March 19-20, but hoping it will arrive on Friday! And wishing it would move out of Alaska soon!

Leaving for a week on the 17th and would love to take it with me!!

Last edited:

deadbear

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2011
Alberta
It's on it's way

Ordered day of launch, live near Edmonton, just got email that i has been shipped and will be delivered on the 16th, YAY can't wait.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.