Apple Office?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Shrek, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Shrek macrumors 65816

Shrek

Okay, something crossed my mind just now that made me think of something Apple might be up to. But before I tell you, take a look at this snipit from a CNet article:

A risky move, eh? The release of Keynote is a risky move for Apple, and those who take risks win!

Apple already has Appleworks, a consumer-level office suite that comes with OS X. But big deal. So does Microsoft, with Microsoft Works. What Apple doesn't have is a professional-level office suite like Microsoft Office or Sun StarOffice. And Microsoft, well, the 5-year contract between Apple and them has already expired, leaving Apple in the dust if M$ doesn't keep it promises to keep make Microsoft software for the Mac. With the release of Keynote, Apple is taking the right risk and becoming more and more independent.

So what better way for Apple to stop depending on M$ and keep up it's momentum by producing and selling it's own professional office suite! Keynote, an obvious piece of presentation software, which can import and export PowerPoint presentations appears to be the first app in a future major release for Apple. I believe we will see more Apple-branded office apps like this in the the coming months and later this year, and full-featured office suite from Apple by MWSF 2004!

What do you all think about that?

2. Shrek thread starter macrumors 65816

Shrek