Apple on Futurama! :)

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by lilscoy, Mar 31, 2002.

1. lilscoy macrumors member

Tonite on Futurama, they did a commercial like the famous "1984" commercial. Their small company was trying to beat the the giant, evil company. It was really funny. Anyway....

2. blakespot Administrator

blakespot

Sounds fine. What was their "company name"?

blakespot

3. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Planet Express

is the name of the company. Its a delivery outfit.

If you haven't checked out the show, do it. Its great! Almost as good as The Simpsons anymore...

Matthew

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Some of the animaiton is 3D but rendered to look like hand drawn. I'm sorry I missed tonights show, maybe it will be rerun. Damn.

5. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I just saw it...awesome!

It had the drones watching "Big Mother" and the girl in red shorts throwing a package at the screen...genius!!!

6. macstudent macrumors 6502

macstudent

Actually Futurama has used macs exclusivly in their episodes, as well as the simpsons.

I remeber a futurama from the first or second season where they were trapped on a robot planet, and the head robot looked and acted like a 1984 mac.

7. TheT macrumors 6502

I just saw today's episode, and I saw something very cool in the background: There was a stock exchange ticker, and first it showed things like 'RUN: +16...DMC: -6'... *lol* ... and then it showed 'OSX: +90... WIN: -80 (I don't remember the values, but it was + for OSX and minus for WIN). Matt Groening obviously likes Apple (and OSX)!!!

8. macstudent macrumors 6502

macstudent

Wow, you have really good eyes! I usually don't notice the small details like that until the 2nd or 3rd viewing of a simpsons or futurama episode

9. macfreek57 macrumors 6502

on the episode where fender was dating a "Lucy Liu - Bot", they created it by downloading her personality from napster and loading it onto a "blank robot".
    on the blank robot box it said "Mac Formated".

by the way, for future reference, the simpsons is way better than futurama.

10. macstudent macrumors 6502

macstudent

The Simpsons WAS way better than Futurama. The past two seasons of the simpons have sucked really bad, with a few expections. Currently futurama is in its prime. It is just a shame that Fox cancled it. Those idiots.

11. Soma_Addict macrumors member

matt groening and apple...

actually matt groening is a pretty big apple fan. i remember he did a apple poster way back in the day. he did it before he was even doing the simpsons. it was a cool poster and i saw it on some website a couple months back. some apple website that is selling apple items(posters, books, watches, etc...). i cant remeber the name of the site but i believe the banner is on this webpage from time to time.

go and try to find it. it has a big matt groening signature in the top right corner i believe.

12. blogo macrumors 6502

Hehe, and the bomb dialog pops up.
    Also, all the computers got a platinum look, wheres the aqua?

13. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Nooooooooooooooooooooo

ooooooooo!

They canceled it??? So this is the last season?? That really sucks. I agree about Futurama being in its prime--and the Simpson waning.

They probably got canceled because of low ratings. And they probably got low ratings because nobody every knew when they were on. They put them right at the end of Sunday football's timeslot and pretty much never showed it during football season.

Its the same crap they pull with the Family Guy. Don't play it for a few months and then expect people to know when its on.

Idiots!

Matthew

14. MacKenzie999 macrumors regular

Futurama

Futurama was cancelled because all the good writers left after the first (and best) season.

15. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Futurama

But even then, the first season had some great shows, but it lacked something that would want me to make sure I watched every episode. It had such potential and I think it was an attempt to get a new show going for Groening to move onto after the Simpsons. Who would have thought the Simpsons could have lasted this long? And they still make a decent show once in while.

16. King Cobra macrumors 603

That is too bad that Futurama is gone. I really enjoyed it when I saw the Apple iBook Blueberry 300 was in the show. It just reminds me how much those guys who wrote the show admire Apple.

Maybe they'll show reruns of the season!

17. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

side note for whatever reason...

flippin throuh the channles and on msnbc on a talk show called suzie (or something like that) there was a second gen iBook on the desk...the apple logo was covered by the shows logo. that show was boring by the way and silly....not my cup o tea. just thought you all should know.

18. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Not Suzie Orman!!!! She is the root of all evil.

I work in the trading world and we have the TV's on CNBC all day. That arrogant, hyperactive and senseless woman comes on every day shouting her horrible personal finance advice to people over the screen. I have seen about ten minutes of her show and had to turn the channel. My stomach was violently heaving.

Matthew

19. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

yep...it sounds like that show to me. very annoying show.

O'REILLY should slap her.

20. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Speaking of Macs on TV shows:
    CSI does the same thing with TiBooks. Covers the Apple logo with a badge sticker...

21. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Crime Scene Investigations...
    it's on Thursday nights at 9pm on CBS.
    Great effects, good plot.