Apple on Star Wars website...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by lilscoy, Jul 15, 2002.

1. lilscoy macrumors member

Jan 1, 2002
    Hey everyone! For those who don't know, on Star Wars' official website, they have this section where people can ask the "Jedi Council" different questions about Star Wars and anything surrounding it. Anyway, today they answered a question from a kid who said he just finished high school and wanted to be a producer...what should he do? Rick McCallum, the Star Wars producer, answered with this:

"Make movies. Go out and buy an Apple iMac. Get Final Cut Pro and a video camera. Get every friend who's ever written... or learn how to write. Try to make your own movies to learn how bad you really are. The more you learn about how bad you are, the more you'll be able to help a director. And just get your friends and start your own little company and start making movies."

He says more. It's kind of a neat answer. But I just thought it was cool that he mentioned Apple. Anyway, you can read the rest of his answer here if you want:
    P.S. Sorry if this has been posted before. :)
  2. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    >Sorry if this has been posted before.
    Let's see...posted July 15 and no other thread on the forums pertains to this...I'd say you were already covered! :D

That's :eek:ing cool, to see some of the famous stars actually recommending Apple products. It seems to be happening to a lot of people on certain shows/movies...Sex In The City, Home Improvement, Tony Sorprano (that one was funny), etc. Keep up the working hard, guys. :cool:
  3. MacAztec macrumors 68040

Oct 28, 2001
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    What hard work?? :eek:
  4. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    Easy there, Aztec. I mean, it may be easy to say that a Mac is easier to use, etc., but it's hard work to actually get people to become Mac users, as some just admire their peecee so much they basically sleep with it. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
  5. davidc2182 macrumors regular

Nov 8, 2001
    Sin City

did anyone catch the HBO speacial last night from robin williams? he was rippin on everyone but he said something about bill gates, in a deep booming voice like a judge he goes, "mr. gates when did you realize you were creating a monopoly?" and in a geeky voice "gates" replies, "your honor, monopoly is just a game, i'm taking over the f*ing world!" i laughed my ass off then got really skeered cuz he could do it if he wanted to!