Apple one of 'America's most admired companies'

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jaykk, Apr 2, 2002.

1. jaykk macrumors 6502a

2. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I read an article not too long ago that of company logo's Apple is in the top 5 of most recognized. I believe that they are the only one in that bunch with just a graphic, no type, to identify them. I believe that Harley-Davidson is also in the top 5. I also belive that the poll that this was based on was a global one (rating companies all over the world).

I have had discussions with a person at work about Apple. Or as he likes to put it, the company that just shouldn't work, but does. With all the marks against Apple, and the blunders of the past (before Job's return, and even some after he came back and saved the company) Apple just shouldn't be. I am glad that it is, since I love my TiBook. Just because Apple breaks most business models and rules doesn't mean anything to me. I just want Apple to continue to exist and produce the wonderful products that they do.

Mac's rule, peecee's just drool (the kind of drooling you find on the short school buses :D ).

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

4. blakespot Administrator

blakespot

Most impressive. There really is an 'aura' about the whole Apple experience. I think much moreso now than ever before. Bright days ahead, I'd say.

blakespot

5. iGav macrumors G3

I second that........

It's tribal.....:D

From the moment you recieve your mac, and opening the box, to running it for the first time..... it's a cool experience!!!

It's weird but even small things like using my Ti Book on trains, I feel different!! Partly because it is different, also the knowledge that I'm using superior hard/software to PC owners!! But also the fact that i made a decision away from the norm!!! Using an Apple says something about the type of person you are!! The fact that it's aesthetically blinding aswell certainly helps!!!

With Apple, I think people love been 'IN' on something, the products, the attitude, the endless possibilties that every Macworld might just suprise us with!! etc. etc. following Apples activities the same way they'd follow their favourite band!!

Its not always the smoothest of rides....... but the most dynamic ones never are!!!;)

6. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

The sad thing is...

that IBM and Dell are ahead of Apple. But if you look at their scores, they were better ranks on "strictly business" items like use of corporate assets.

Apple was ranked higher in more creative aspects of a company. Big surprise, huh?

On the overall most admired company list, M$ ranks pretty high, coming in at number 4. Not that I am one of those people who just blindly hates M$ and any recognition they get *heh*...*heh*...excuse me...but seeing them rank high on this list just makes my skin crawl.

Most admired!?!?! For what, anti-competitively wiping out their rivals. There ought to be a category on Fortune's scorecard for that "admirable" category.

Makes me want to puke. Yeah, thats right, puke.

Matthew

7. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

depends what people 'admire' them for. Some people no doubt wish to emulate the way M$ has clawed its' way to the top of the chain, which in a way equates to admiring them, unfortunately :(

I would be suprised if anyone admired them for neighbourly business practice ;)

8. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

Re: The sad thing is...

i admire apple for their gear

i admire microsoft for their customer service and extremely prompt replies they have for their onsite techs in the field...they have a lot of people to man their phones and this makes me put microsoft high on my list (even though their software falls short a lot of the times)

9. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Jef,

I have had great results with calling Apple for support, and fast turnaround times on repairs (see the thread I started about sending my TiBook out, and missing it). How much faster can you get then receiving the item, repairing it, and shipping it back out all in the same day??? I sent my TiBook in on Monday, and I have it back already.

Unless there is very high traffic on the Apple support line, I usually get someone within a minute or two. They are typically very helpful, and even admitt if they do not know the answer. The good thing about that, is that they then escalate the issue to someone that does have an answer.

All in all, I think Apple's support is very, very good. Then again, my experiences might be the exception to the rule.

10. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

they did you right

there are still horror stories with their telephone support and online support and steve jobs has been working hard on improving this

i heard he even lost his temper over this once;)

11. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Considering how many systems the company where I work buys each year, as well as how many I have purchased in the past two or so, I would expect nothing less :D.

If I wanted crappy hardware and support, I would have bought a peecee (aka a dell). Since I work on both Mac's and peecee's all day long, I don't want to have to work on my own systems when I get home. Even when I do need to work on my computer, the Mac's are just soo much easier to fix then peecee's. Even the firmware/bios updates are a breeze on the Mac :D.

12. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

dell has semi crappy service

hp and compaq, now that is crappy with a capital C

e-machines, believe it or not, is the best of the top selling pee-cees out there for telephone service