Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigboar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
Ohio
Are you sure they are original?

It states they are genuine apple covers so if it isn't it will be easy to contact eBay and get your money back. They don't mess around when someone claims an item is counterfeit. Well over 700 sold now so it would get pretty nasty if they arent

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
While still a good deal, these could contain defects or be refurbished.

"The item may be a factory second or a new, unused item with defects."

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
Fake

Woste part is what will suffer most is your self esteem.

Mind you, these fakes are everywhere. Very clever fakes.

bigboar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
Ohio
Fake

Woste part is what will suffer most is your self esteem.

Mind you, these fakes are everywhere. Very clever fakes.

lol! self esteem? no problem with that:D

----------

While still a good deal, these could contain defects or be refurbished.

"The item may be a factory second or a new, unused item with defects."

if there are defects or refurbished it has to be mentioned in the sellers description of the item otherwise ebay will side with the buyer so there is nothing to worry about...

bigboar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
Ohio
Looks good to me for 14 - and a good rating by seller - I have one ordered...

good to see you got one too glen. what did bcs store do for you on all your cases for the mini? just curious, you can pm me and let me know. Since i sent my mini back and got the 4 they let me get a cover for my 4 instead and still keep the other..

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
good to see you got one too glen. what did bcs store do for you on all your cases for the mini? just curious, you can pm me and let me know. Since i sent my mini back and got the 4 they let me get a cover for my 4 instead and still keep the other..

I bought my ipad 3/4 and mini covers thru apple online...I don't have any worries that this will be a fake...I'm sure it's a group of covers that went thru another channel besides apple retail...the price is about the cost apple has internally....I have a 18 month old grey cover that's showing some wear, we'll see if this is the replacement....

Last edited:

bigboar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
Ohio
I bought my ipad 3/4 and mini covers thru apple online...I don't have any worries that this will be a fake...I'm sure it's a group of covers that went thru another channel besides apple retail...the price is about the cost apple has internally....I have a 18 month old grey cover that's showing some wear, we'll see if this is the replacement....

oh, my bad! I thought you were the one who bought 16 of the moko covers for the mini in the thread i started about it being $1.98. Guess I had you mixed up with someone else...anyhow, the wake/sleep function didnt work so bcs through amazon was replacing them with new ones at no charge and letting people keep the old case. whoever the guy was that ordered 16 probably ended up with 32 moko mini cases for $32 total:eek:

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
if there are defects or refurbished it has to be mentioned in the sellers description of the item otherwise ebay will side with the buyer so there is nothing to worry about...

It is in the description. That's where I got it from.

bigboar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
Ohio
It is in the description. That's where I got it from.

I can't find it. I see the paragraph you are referring to up in the item condition section which states new other but that is the generic description for a new other item and the seller must list it any defects,etc in the actual item description below. I cannot find where it states anything like that in the item description unless I am missing it somewhere...

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I can't find it. I see the paragraph you are referring to up in the item condition section which states new other but that is the generic description for a new other item and the seller must list it any defects,etc in the actual item description below. I cannot find where it states anything like that in the item description unless I am missing it somewhere...

It's under 'Item Specifics'. Since the listing states that, you can't return it if it shows up scratched or something like that. It's still a good deal since you're saving like 25 bucks, but I'd rather buy one from Apple to insure it looks new.

bigboar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
Ohio
It's under 'Item Specifics'. Since the listing states that, you can't return it if it shows up scratched or something like that. It's still a good deal since you're saving like 25 bucks, but I'd rather buy one from Apple to insure it looks new.

Exactly. That is not the description...if you read the rest it states:

Item specifics
Condition:
New other (see details): A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear. The item may be missing the original packaging, or in the original packaging but not sealed. The item may be a factory second or a new, unused item with defects. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.See all condition definitions
UPC: 885909470402

Imperfections have to be listed by the seller and they are not. Seller states item is new without the box included and at the end of the description goes on to state that if defective they will replace.

Defective Item
An item that was discovered to be defective upon receipt can be replaced with the same model only.

No matter, if you would rather buy from apple you should do so, but these are not defects and if it arrives defective the buyer will win the dispute..

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
That is the description. Don't get me wrong, eBay almost always sides with the buyer. I personally still think the seller is covered since it is listed under the description. It says they'll will accept returns if it is defective, but it's safe to assume that means broken, not scratched up. Especially since it's mentioned that it could be a refurb or have defects.

If you got one that has defects, all the seller has to do is point eBay to their description.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
this happened last year and they were fine, my brother bought one...they are poly so won't be scratched....they were destined for a school program or other dist channel, I'll post pics as soon as I get mine...

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
this happened last year and they were fine, my brother bought one...they are poly so won't be scratched....they were destined for a school program or other dist channel, I'll post pics as soon as I get mine...

I agree, I don't think they'll be in bad shape. I'm just stating it says they could be. It's still a steal for 13.99.

Last edited:

bigboar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
Ohio
49 makes no sense now, they are 39 new from apple!

I think now they are hoping to catch the people who are enrolled and have eBay bucks to use...I wouldn't over pay to use mine but I know of people who have just because they feel like its free money to spend..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.