Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xyouxfailmiex

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2005
so i returned my ipod because i bought it a few days prior to the video ipod announcment and was informed they would be mailing me a check for the total so that i could buy the new one(what i really wanted them to do was just ship me the new ipod...seems to make sense to me but i guess nobody payed there attention bill that day ) anyway i know they say it can take up to 10 buisness days but is there anyway to track it..to see if its been prossessed i dont like the idea of other people having the new ipod and me being stuck with just my shuffle...i want my lil black baby to come home....help me out..who do i need to yell at

VanMac

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2005
Rampaging Tokyo
Yell at yourself......

If they are going to refund you money, they will process it, and send you a check. 10 days is completely fair.

xyouxfailmiex

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2005
VanMac said:
Yell at yourself......

If they are going to refund you money, they will process it, and send you a check. 10 days is completely fair.
haha i understand its fair...but i just want to know exactly when im gonna be getting it...."the check is in the mail" is not something i like to hear...
this is defintily impatience talking ...but not having my ipod is like not having a life...

Nismoboy

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2005
Nismoboy

xyouxfailmiex said:
so i returned my ipod because i bought it a few days prior to the video ipod announcment and was informed they would be mailing me a check for the total so that i could buy the new one(what i really wanted them to do was just ship me the new ipod...seems to make sense to me but i guess nobody payed there attention bill that day ) anyway i know they say it can take up to 10 buisness days but is there anyway to track it..to see if its been prossessed i dont like the idea of other people having the new ipod and me being stuck with just my shuffle...i want my lil black baby to come home....help me out..who do i need to yell at

Hello, I'm new to this website. I was just curious how you returned your iPod because I also bought an iPod a week and a half before the release of the new video iPod and something was actually wrong with mine. So I called tech. support and they said something was wrong with it. Everyime i cal now it take s like 3 hrs before i can talk to a rep. and I'm currently in dental school and have no time. So i would greatly appreciate it if you could help me out. thanks in advance.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
xyouxfailmiex said:
but not having my ipod is like not having a life...

Wow, all I can say is, uh, wow

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

seamuskrat

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2003
New Jersey USA
You will get your check in exactly 10 business days from the date Apple received your refund request. No sooner, no later.

That is fairly typical refund policy for amounts over $100.00

As for the tech problem post, see a local Apple retail store if nearby. Or, sadly, call Applecare again, and explain the problem but ask for a replacement unit and DO NOT HANG UP until you have spoken to someone who will authorize for you.

xyouxfailmiex

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2005
rdowns said:
okay first off ..im a tattooer so when im working i like to have music that I like to listen to instead of the top 40 hits on the radio ...also i drive about 3 hours today and am quite tired of listening to npr

i dont really take cd's with me....they are pointless in my life now so i really never look at them unless im loading them on itunes

so foryour lil how sad comments or whatever to me it is like not having my life with the music i enjoy listening to ..so before you go and judge the sadness of my pathetic existence maybe you should "think" for a second and know that not everybody works at wendys or whatever it is you do

also i returned my ipod within 14 days with my reciept...thats apples return policy...and seeing as how ive spent over 5 grand there in the past month i kinda argued a little to get the restocking fee or whatever waived

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004
xyouxfailmiex said:
okay first off ..im a tattooer so when im working i like to have music that I like to listen to instead of the top 40 hits on the radio ...also i drive about 3 hours today and am quite tired of listening to npr...

WHAT?!?!? tattooers listen to NPR sometimes??? who would have thought......

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
xyouxfailmiex said:
okay first off ..im a tattooer so when im working i like to have music that I like to listen to instead of the top 40 hits on the radio ...also i drive about 3 hours today and am quite tired of listening to npr

i dont really take cd's with me....they are pointless in my life now so i really never look at them unless im loading them on itunes

so foryour lil how sad comments or whatever to me it is like not having my life with the music i enjoy listening to ..so before you go and judge the sadness of my pathetic existence maybe you should "think" for a second and know that not everybody works at wendys or whatever it is you do

also i returned my ipod within 14 days with my reciept...thats apples return policy...and seeing as how ive spent over 5 grand there in the past month i kinda argued a little to get the restocking fee or whatever waived

I'll have you know that I'm a shift manager and I never forget to include ketchup packets or napkins at the drive through.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.