Apple Owns the World of Fashion

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by rkphoto, Feb 26, 2005.

1. rkphoto macrumors regular

rkphoto

I'm a photographer in NYC and the other day I was working on a big, major fashion campaign. We were working in a rental studio and I looked off set at one point and almost everyone had a iBook or Powerbook (client, agency, set designers, stylists, assistants, etc.). At one point I counted 11 powerbooks, 3 iBooks, and the G4 iMac that was supplied by the studio. In the world of photography and advertising it seems that Apple is the norm. I'm always amazed that Windows based machines have such a large market share given my personal, professional experience. Does anyone else feel this way?

My wife is an architect and is forced to use a PC since Autocad is not available for Apple. It seems a shame, thousands of design crazy architects would just love to get their hands on a beautifully designed Apple product like the Powerbook or the iMac. There really should be a viable Mac based Architectural design program (I know there are several ie. Microstation but they are not the industry standard the way Autocad is). Anyway just an observation.

rk

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

When it comes to media files, Macs are the best. So thats what the model and movie people have.

There are CAD programs that are very good. Just look up CAD or AutoCAD on www.versiontracker.com Then all the program updates are to ones that are usually very good.

3. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Doing computer design/art, I find the Mac to be better, not just in simplicity and reliability but also in form. Apple's design is very minimalist, and as such, the computer doesn't get in the way of my work. My 15 inch aluminum PowerBook just fades into the background because it's so small and silent. Unfortunately, my campus has bulky ugly PCs, and whenever I can I take my 'Book to class and labs and work on it instead.