Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SiskoKid

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Anyone else get this error?

Could Not Set Up Apple Pay
An error occurred while setting up Apple Pay
OK

All I can do is click OK and try again. The same error pops up whether I try to add a credit card within Settings or within Passbook.

Is there a fix for this?

SiskoKid

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Do you have Touch ID enabled ?

Ya, I have that enabled. Everything should work. Just got off the phone with Apple Care, and they're stumped too. They asked me to reset my settings, so I'm doing that now.

SiskoKid

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Resetting settings did not work :(

They're escalating right now. I really wanted to test this today for lunch lol

Oh well, hopefully it'll get sorted soon.

3holepunch

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2010
Is the Apple ID you use for iCloud also the same as for iTunes? I had a separate iCloud account from my iTunes account and I was getting the same error. I tried on the iTunes account and I was able to get through.

SiskoKid

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Is the Apple ID you use for iCloud also the same as for iTunes? I had a separate iCloud account from my iTunes account and I was getting the same error. I tried on the iTunes account and I was able to get through.

Maybe it's related, but ultimately they had me sign out of iCloud (which takes a few minutes since it has to remove content from the phone) and then sign back in.

That did the trick! I ended up eating McDonald's for lunch. Paying with the phone is so easy :D

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
I really f#cking hate that the solution to virtually every "connectivity" problem with iOS is to sign out of iCloud—which forces me to have to re-download everything back to my phone (I apparently have a lot more than most people, because it can take hours or days for photos to re-sync).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.