Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lera

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2001
So let's make A wish list. we talk about the idea that apple might make a pdathat's great that's what this sight is all about. I've also seen a lot of ideas put in about whaty people would like to see in a pda from apple. I'd like to get some input from every one on what we would like to see from apple. After this has gon on for a while I'll send on the finished master list to apple an dyou can too let's make this thing happen. If Apple's willing to listen I'll talk.

lera

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2001
I'd like to see a mini computer. I figure that they can get the original iMac into a pda sized deal. The ibook's screen is at a resolution of about 107 dpi based on that they could get a 640*480 into less than 6*4.5 inches and that size is a workable size for the system:

-G3 @233Mhz or greater.
-640*480 pixel display
-10GB hd
-128mb's Memory (up to 512mb one stick)
-1 Firewire
-1 USB
-10/100 Ethernet

-Mac OS X v10.x
-Mac OS 9 v9.x
-iTunes iPhoto etc.
-iGetOrganized!! (or something)
-Appleworks
-handwriting recognition like the Newton
-Portrate or Landscape views.

It could act as a HD like the ipod does when pluged into the computer just you would see everything. Also some things could hotsync like the address book's and iGetOrganized!!

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
Originally posted by Macmaniac
I would like to see an iBook that is really small, with a 8in color display, and dvd rom. That would be cool. Also it would have 1 fire wire and 2usb ports. That would be nice.

but small screens are annoying and what you are talking about would cost just as much as a laptop.

lera

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2001
when you say small screens are annoying do you mean the resolution like dpi the size like inches or the size in pixels? I know that working with a low pixel screen like 640*480 is a little annoying but most pda's have a resolution of like less than 320*320. 640*480 would be better than anything I've seen yet. I wouldn't want any drives in it other than the hd because drives are big but maybe a discount on a firewire combo drive when you get them together.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.