Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deasnutz

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2011
My Apple Pencil from Best Buy was shipped yesterday and should be here tomorrow. Too bad I don't need the damn thing anymore and Best Buy wouldn't let me cancel the order. Now I have to wait for it to show up before going home for the holiday. Stupid Best Buy.

I'm not so sure Best Buy is the stupid one here. How do they cancel orders like this shipped with next day? Should they turn the plane around next time?

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
I'm not so sure Best Buy is the stupid one here. How do they cancel orders like this shipped with next day? Should they turn the plane around next time?

It sat for a week before finally shipping. But being this is their "holiday season", if you don't cancel your order within 30 minutes, you won't be able to cancel it at all (this is from their customer service rep). You'll have to wait until you receive it to return it. Which wouldn't be a big deal except I'm trying to go home for the holiday but now I have to wait for it to be delivered before leaving my house.

Deasnutz

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2011
It sat for a week before finally shipping. But being this is their "holiday season", if you don't cancel your order within 30 minutes, you won't be able to cancel it at all (this is from their customer service rep). You'll have to wait until you receive it to return it. Which wouldn't be a big deal except I'm trying to go home for the holiday but now I have to wait for it to be delivered before leaving my house.

you're not going to sell it?

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
Well slap my thigh and call me Susan. My 'Processing' has changed, not just to 'Preparing' but to actually saying ,Shipped'.
A quick check on the Tracking Number and it says DPD will be delivering in the next hour!!!

Talk about being knocked sideways......... in a good way that is

Edited: And Apple just backed it up with a confirmation email.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Well my Best Buy order finally shipped and is in Minneapolis as of 4am. Yea! Amazing though that with 5 Apple stores within 30 miles of me I had to order it from Best Buy (and spend $20 extra to have it by Thanksgiving). :rolleyes:

Reactions: Mike Delta

smr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Shropshire, UK
Well slap my thigh and call me Susan. My 'Processing' has changed, not just to 'Preparing' but to actually saying ,Shipped'.
A quick check on the Tracking Number and it says DPD will be delivering in the next hour!!!

Talk about being knocked sideways......... in a good way that is

Edited: And Apple just backed it up with a confirmation email.

That is great news Susan! My Apple UK 11/11 Pencil order is with DPD and due between 13:20 and 14:20 so it looks like you will get yours before me (which is only fair as you ordered before me!)

Reactions: Beards

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
That is great news Susan! My Apple UK 11/11 Pencil order is with DPD and due between 13:20 and 14:20 so it looks like you will get yours before me (which is only fair as you ordered before me!)
Thanks mate
Yep, it's just arrived by my usual DPD driver (Peter).
Can't believe only a couple of hours back I knew nothing.
It must have been all that positive energy I was sending you, a little rubbed back on me.

Reactions: smr

smr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Shropshire, UK
pencil-arrived-2.jpg

MiltonThales

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2008
Suwanee, GA
Pencil arrived today, 11/25. Ordered about 3:40 AM when Apple store finally allowed orders. Promised delivery Nov 20th to 30th. Paired with iPad Pro. Works great so far.

mpetrides

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2007
Pencil and Keyboard finally arrived. The Pencil is everything it's cracked up to be. Keyboard still feels a bit awkward after using the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard with my IPP for two weeks.

The second Pencil I ordered, the one that was ordered perhaps 1 1/2 hours after ordering went live has shipped from China but won't get here until Monday. Not a big deal for me, since the second Pencil is just a backup. I'm just posting an FYI for people in the second wave of shipments.

neutrino23

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2003
SF Bay area
Grrr. I ordered the 12th and I have a delivery date of December 16th or later. I keep checking stores but have come up empty. This morning I just missed. They said they had sold two before I arrive.

Mike Delta

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Well my pencil finally arrived and it is all that I dreamed it would be. This was fun (sans Apple dropping the ball) lets do it again some time.

thisisnotmyname

macrumors 68020
Oct 22, 2014
known but velocity indeterminate
been playing with the smart keyboard (actually typing on it right now). The keys do take a small bit of getting used to but I do like the this better than the logitech case overall. much smaller and lighter and I can type efficiently on it. backlighting would be nice and it doesn't sit as nicely in my lap as the logitech but those are minor things. it also lacks function keys which the logitech has (the home button on the keyboard was particularly nice to me). I like it though, this will be my primary keyboard going forward.

rjjacobson

macrumors demi-god
Sep 12, 2014
Well I got my 128 GB gold pro shipped and delivered one day after launch from Apple. But I hesitated (at 3 AM) with the already 2-3 week delay in pencil after just hour -- didn't want to jinx my pad order. So I paused and at 6 AM after waking up again (I chance ordered the Pro at 3am after waking up for a bit). Well by then it was also mid December for me. Fast forward and Monday of this week (the 23rd) I found that again (after 10 pre ordered pencils arriving at store 3 days before) I could order one from Best Buy for delivery by the 28th. A full two weeks before Apple claimed to be able to ship me one that I ordered on 6 AM of opening day. long story short it arrived a day early, madness of black friday was over, rainy so I went out and picked up my delivered Apple Pencil at Best Buy. I see though Best Buy is out again for any orders online for delivery again so I guess I got lucky. But amazed that Best Buy can seem to at least get them in trickles when Apple Online orders from opening day get little if any movement to fullfillment. Anyway canceled my online apple order with this Best Buy purchase.

I do like the pencil in my one evening test of features. Will be a nice tool with my Pro.

IMG_8387.jpg

IMG_8390.jpg

Reactions: karma119
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.