Apple Persecution

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Seasought, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Seasought macrumors 65816

Nov 3, 2005
    I walked out to my car this morning and found the beginning of the letters M and A written backwards next to my white, Macintosh logo and it got me thinking.

A large consensus of "Mac sucks" probably exists no doubt and wanted to know if any of you had been attacked/insulted outside of the Internet for your affinity for Apple products.

It's probably an extrapolation on my part, but I would assume the "M" and "A" was the beginning of Mac sucks or something along those lines. I have since installed electrical currents that run through my rear window. It keeps the bugs at bay and properly electrocutes window-dust writing prophets. :D
  2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    Just a stupid colleague telling me that 'Macs were crap and you can't do anything on them'.

I reminded him of this well-meaning advice when he asked me to charge his iPod on my Mac because his work Dell wouldn't do anything with the iPod over USB.

So, no. Nothing too serious. Those who yell the loudest, know the least.
  3. yg17 macrumors G5

Aug 1, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    My friends give me crap all the time. I have the last laugh when they're having problems with their Windows computers and my 2 Macs are working perfectly.
  4. Seasought thread starter macrumors 65816

Nov 3, 2005

I think it's interesting to see a person fight with spyware and viruses, crashing programs as well as verbally insult their own machine but then turn around and defend how great it is in comparison to a Mac. The hypocrisy of human nature I guess.

Glad to hear that's the worst of it for you then. I suppose being underestimated can have its advantages.
  5. Seasought thread starter macrumors 65816

Nov 3, 2005
    That reminds me:

Friends: "I hate Macs. Why do people waste their time?"
    Me: <looks at their computer> "What's up with your machine?"
    Friends: "I had to do a fresh install of Windows, it's been a couple of months after all."
    Me: "What a waste of time eh?"
    Friends: "What do you mean?"
    Me: <grin>
  6. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Jun 15, 2003
    Washington DC
    I used to hear a fair amount of it in high school. Not so much in college. It's just to easy to shut mac critics down these days.
  7. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

May 15, 2005
    NG9, England
    Sounds about right, although I still haven't got around to reinstalling XP after nearly 3 years on my machine. I guess I will do it at some point soon, although my conversion to Linux FC4 and Mac OS could mean I don't need to anyway.
  8. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Jul 16, 2002
    I've been hearing it ever since I bought my first Mac, which was in 1985. Attitudes range from outright distain to something close to pity. It's strange: People who'd never dream of commenting on your politics, religion or personal beliefs don't even hesitate to lambast your choice in personal computers. I've even had it done to me in front of large groups of people.
  9. Kobushi macrumors 6502a

Jun 7, 2005
    Right behind you.
    So true. I can't count how many times I've had someone comment "Mac sucks" and they don't have much to back it up. I can only shake my head and wander off. I don't have the time to convince the world of what they should already know.
  10. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

Mar 3, 2004
    Canada's South Coast
    Best Fortune Cookie Ever...

"He who speaks well of PC's, deserves the curse of owning one."

-- Confuscious, circa 1200 AD
  11. narco macrumors 65816

Dec 9, 2003
    An old friend recently decided to hate me after I didn't go to her sister's birthday party. She said a lot of mean things about me, but the funniest thing was when she said I had a trendy computer (PowerMac G5).

12. dubbz macrumors 68020

Sep 3, 2003
    Alta, Norway
    Wait.... was that supposed to be some kind of insult? :confused: :rolleyes:
  13. EricNau Moderator emeritus

Apr 27, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    I get it from my friends all of the time.

They are always telling me it isn't versatile enough - they want to be able to pick the case, and then swap anything out once it breaks or becomes "outdated."

I already told them my iMac was the best "case" (or lack of) the computer market made - but they didn't want to admit it. They claimed there were others that looked just as good. Yeah - Right!
    They also complain that Apple controls it too much - and I thought, "Funny that's why I bought one." - No problems here!

What can I tell these people??? :mad: