Apple Photo Albums in iPhoto

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iGary, Mar 25, 2005.

1. iGary Guest

iGary

Don't know if anyone has made an album using iPhoto yet, but if you haven't, you should.

I needed some additional portfolios to place around some places where my images are displayed, and I was really getting tired of making my own.

The quality is very good - I got the hardbound 20-page book with black pages and it looks awesome. My only complaint id that they are currently having problems accepting books with Type 1 post script fonts.

Had the book in three days after ordering it right through iPhoto.

Anyone else?

2. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

I have wanted to make an album forever, but never had any extra money lying around to make one. With the new sizes and styles I decided to finally give it a go and made an album of the kids for the grandparents. The process was quick andthe quality was great. They were a huge hit as well. My mom wasking lots of questions on how I did this, etc. I definitely plan on creating more in the near future.

3. ct77 macrumors member

I've ordered two books through iPhoto, very pleased with them both. Full page photos in the large size books are breathtaking.

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I made one of my wedding photos for my parents last year. I've not seen it yet, and it cost me a mint, but they were convinced that it was 'professionally done'. Which was fine by me.

5. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

I thought $29.99 was a bit pricy for the hard-bound 8.5 x 11, but $19.99 isn't so bad for the paperback...

6. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I've been wanting to try making one since Jobs demo'ed it in MWSF '05. But I have no reason, nor photos for that matter, to make one.

7. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

That demo is the only reason I tried it.

Very simple, easy and painless. Drag and drop your photos, edit right in the book send over the Internet; three days later, book.

8. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

I made some of the teeny-tiny books to give to donors (as an ego-stroke, basically), and they turned out great. The price for the small ones if fabulous (3/$12)... I can totally see ordering them for friends after a particularly memorable party, night out, etc. And yeah, fantastic quality. At first I thought the books were just a gimmick for people with new babies, but I am totally taking more pictures now, with the express purpose of getting books made.

9. mmmpat macrumors newbie

Re-ordering Photo Books Directly From Apple Without Re-uploading

I've ordered two copies of an album and am very pleased with the turn around time and quality.

Some family members would like a copy for themselves and I'd like to re-order. However, after completing the project, photos (that were sent from other family members on CD's and flash drives) were deleted off iphoto. So I don't want to re-order the album by RE-uploading the information since it's obviously not all there anymore.

I'm wondering how can I just re-order from Apple using the file I uploaded a few months ago? Is it possible? Is my file still on their server/ databank?

Any help would be appreciated.

10. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

Woah, I must have been living in a cave, I didn't even know this was possible!

This will be fantastic for after my wedding in just over 3 weeks time!!
    Thanks for the (unintentional) heads up :)

Neil.

11. thunderweb macrumors 6502

thunderweb

Yep, I ordered the really small one as a gift for my girlfriend and she loved it :D

12. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

smurfjammer

Talk about old threads....
    Apple don't keep the files once the job has been sent, sorry...