Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
lol...

Another "fix" that's gone unnoticed by me..

Either it just a bizarre coincidence, that most with problems are outside of Australia, or Apple knows which ones will develop faults and makes sure those countries get THOSE.

Not very likely to happen

or the, just the amount of apps you lot use :p iOS7 can't handle it.

RoelJuun

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2010
Netherlands
Have you done a fresh install on your iPhone 4? Mine runs a lot better now as opposed to when I was going off the Over the Air update. It is still slower compared to the iOS6, but faster than when I first installed iOS7.

It was actually slower (also days later, spotlight was done indexing) than before. That's why I said the 'slowness' seems random.

b-dogg

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2009
I'm a Gmail user and have had 0 problems with Mavericks. What issues are you experiencing?

It's not fetching email. You have to force quit the app and reopen mail to check for new messages. I know this because my iPad beside it with gmail app will show a message, then when I go and try and look at it on my laptop the message wont show up.

It's really annoying. Checked a few threads - a lot of mavericks users are having the same problem.

----------

The main reason I never switched to Android was the stability and ease of use of iOS7. Despite the fact that I never liked iPhones, I justified staying by saying at least it works and the UI was dead simple. Now I can't even say that any longer. They broke almost "EVERYTHING" that I liked about iOS with this update, even the Camera Function UI Changes are completely nonsensical to me - what is with all the white space on photos? I'm always scared that my photos got clipped...

I feel your pain man. White background for photos is just horrible.

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
I'm a Gmail user and have had 0 problems with Mavericks. What issues are you experiencing?

It's not fetching email. You have to force quit the app and reopen mail to check for new messages. I know this because my iPad beside it with gmail app will show a message, then when I go and try and look at it on my laptop the message wont show up.

It's really annoying. Checked a few threads - a lot of mavericks users are having the same problem.

Ah, frustrating. I probably haven't noticed I mainly check Mail on my phone, and I guess when I check it on my Mac I've been one of the lucky ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.