apple popularity in hawaii

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by slipper, Feb 26, 2004.

1. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

it seems that macs are very very popular here in hawaii especially at starbucks where a lot of students study. right now theres 4 people including myself with macs and no PC laptops. other times the ratio is around 4 macs to 3 PCs. theres no real point to the thread, sorry.

2. TimDaddy macrumors 6502

Versailles, KY (and that's pronounced Vurr-sales)
    Maybe your right, or maybe you tend to see what you like and have. I've only noticed one laptop in Starbucks. It was an iBook. Had it been a Dell, I probably wouldn't have given it the double-take, and wouldn't have remembered seeing it. I drive a Toyota Echo. You would think that the Echo is the #1 selling car in America. Actually, its probably close to last. I just notice them everywhere because I have one.

So, there. There was really no post to my reply. Not arguing or agreeing, just killing time. :)

3. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

Macs are just very popular with students in general. The iBook is a very good deal in a quality case. I'm in an engineering school and I still see them all over the place. I had a class that had to give powerpoint presentations and more than 50% of the laptops were macs. 50% is the majority, but when macs have on 3% of the market, it shows that students make up a big portion of that market.

BEN

4. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

In the Barnes and Noble where I hang out, there are usually 3 or 4 PCs and only one Mac (mine). But Charlotte is a *very* uptight banking town, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I've occasionally had people walk up and admire my "new" computer (it's an original TiBook), but then they ask if it runs Windows :rolleyes:

5. slipper thread starter macrumors 68000

slipper

well i did notice this several weeks ago ever since ive been bringing my laptop to the starbucks. and i was paying close attention on the ratio of PCs and macs.

6. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Well I can only speak for myself but going through the public school system through the mid 80's to mid 90's, a vast majority of the computers we used were in fact of the Apple flavor. From IIe's, SE's to LC's to Quadras, Centris, etc.., as far as I can remember we for the better part used Mac's in the classroom.

7. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    not that many mac users in my school we are a minority, not that its a surprise

8. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

Yay Hawaii!

I love Hawaii.

(just keeping in line with the pointlessness of this thread)

9. slipper thread starter macrumors 68000

slipper

bleh, its not all that great

10. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)
    but

i read in a thread that the actual mac install base is around 17-23% in the U.S. So that's good, right? :D

11. poopyhead macrumors 6502a

poopyhead

12. iostream.h macrumors regular

I heard the University in Hawaii is a total party school unless you are into marine biology.