Apple post teaser for next Pixar film!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jaz, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Jaz macrumors regular

John Lasseter is "The Man" at Pixar but has not directed since co-directing Toy Story 2. He's been plenty busy as Exec VP, Creative and Exec Prod on all the Pixar movies but has not sat in the directors chair for a while.

Today Apple trailers posted the teaser snippet for Cars, the new film from Pixar for Nov 2005 and Lasseter is directing.

Check it out, very cool!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/cars/

2. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

3. Jaz thread starter macrumors regular

Cool! Hadn't picked his voice that but heard him a few times on AllComedy.net, funny.

4. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

The animation on that is amazing!! Pixar is becoming something more than what i would of expected them to be....

5. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

6. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

I find him annoying but still funny at time. Really it's all around annoying because I don't find him that likeable and don't want to like him and then sometimes he makes me laugh and THAT is annoying.

Confusing huh!? :rolleyes:

7. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

It's coming out a year from now and they're showing the trailer already! Is 'The Incredibles' old news now or something?! :p

Kinda looks like 'Thomas the Tank Engine' for the 21st century.

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Very nice - but I'm wondering what the story is about - I'm not much of a NASCAR fan and they don't really give away much on the trailer. Anyone know the plot?

D

9. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I don't have QuickTime at work, and can't install it on my networked computer :mad:

Guess I'll have to wait till I get home. :(

10. brap macrumors 68000

Neither is the rest of the world. The only NASCAR I've ever seen has been in Days of Thunder!
    Guess they've moved away from the kind of universality which made Toy Story and A Bug's Life so appealing.

11. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

NASCAR is huge in the States though, and draws more spectators than any other "sport" as I understand it. Strong fan base, but perhaps not your usual movie goers.

12. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

I don't think you'll have to enjoy Nascar to enjoy this film.

13. brap macrumors 68000

Sure, sure, there'll be some laughs and such. I'm not saying it'll be a complete flop elsewhere, just not quite as succesful as something consciously geared toward a wide audience, rather than just expecting them to "run with it".

14. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

I think the fact that it's gear to a younger audience basically breaks the rules when it comes to guideline for target audience. I think it could be about computer repair and it would still sell really well as long as it carries the same values as the other Pixar movies in the past.

15. Punani macrumors regular

Punani

I've heard that most people watch NASCAR for the crashes...says a lot, eh?

16. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

That may be true for the TV viewer/fan, much like the casual watcher tunes in to hockey to see the fights, etc. However, I'm told that there is nothing like being live at a NASCAR race. The crowds are tremendous and the noise is deafening. I personally have never been, though we have 2 or 3 races right down the road from me every year. Fans support their "guy" like nobody's business.

Regardless, I hope the film does well!

17. makisushi macrumors 6502

18. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Huh. Strange, I'm...underwhelmed. I love Pixar and I even love cars but what I saw there doesn't appeal to me very much. I even do 3D animation and I thought much of that trailer looked terrible. All the surfaces look very plastic-y and dull. (Maybe they aren't final renders or something?) Also, what is the story? I didn't see anything in that department that looked compelling either. Sheesh I really hope they are not finally "losing it". I really have to wonder if they're pushing this dog out the door as fast as possible because it's the last film under the Disney contract and they just want to get started on making films under their own control (and taking more of the profit from them).

19. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

lol, that really made me laugh :)

the bit i thought was funniest when when he started snorting after laughing :D subtle things like that make pixar films cool :)

20. makisushi macrumors 6502

That is very possible, but I also have a hard time believing that Steve Jobs would allow a crappy movie to be put out under the Pixar name.

21. neut macrumors 68000

neut

many republicans are NASCAR fans... not to turn this into a polital thing, but Bush has a lot of friends in NASCAR.

good timing by Pixar?

the animation seems a little cheap on the characters; can that be caused by quick turnaround (ala DreamWorks?).

peace.

22. takao macrumors 68040

takao

not very interesting... i don't like that nascar thing at all...i hope this isn't really some part of the plot

23. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

Nah, they just always release a teaser for their next film when they release their current one.

The racecars do look a bit cheap, but that tow truck looks great.

24. neut macrumors 68000

neut

:)

yeah, that tow truck seems to carry all the emotional weight of the film... it would be hard to get anything other than excitment (good or bad) or depression (sadness) out of those race cars.

peace.