1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Apple Posts Details about $100 Store Credit for iPhone Owners

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by kingnimrod, Sep 14, 2007.

1. macrumors member

www.apple.com/iphone/storecredit

I got this URL by calling 1-800-MY-APPLE this morning -- interesting, since nothing seems to be up on the Apple site about it.

Basically, here's how it works - you go to that URL, enter your phone number and serial number, then receive a text message immediately with a code, you then enter that code on the next page of the site, and it generates a credit number and pin combination.

This means that if you bought your mother or your friend an iphone, they will be getting the store credit, not you. I am curious as to whether credits can be combined or what....

I'm headed to the Apple Store today to get that sweet Logic Studio upgrade. Thanks Apple, for making me spend more money at your store!!

2. macrumors 6502

Awesome, thanks.

Edit: Doh! Doesn't work for me. Says to "please try later."

Edit 2: Does work. Your phone number has to be in a XXX-XXX-XXXX format, not XXXXXXXXXX or any other variation.

3. macrumors bot

[​IMG]

Category: Apple Services
    Link: iPhone $100 Store Credit
    Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com
    Approved by Mudbug

4. macrumors 6502a

Got it already validated and printed

Off to the store in Clearndon !

5. macrumors member

i didn't add dashes to my phone number....so you probably mistyped your number the first time.

6. macrumors 65816

lord patton

worked here. Got it to go through while the wife was in the shower so now it's mine!!!!!!!!!!

Who am I kidding... I'll use it to buy her leopard.

7. macrumors 6502

They might be changing it still. All I did was hit "back" and put in dashes and it worked.

8. Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

nice find, kingnimrod! :)

9. macrumors member

I'm just surprised that I seem to have beaten everyone else to the punch on this - notified all the mac-related news sites, then hit the board here.

I just hope they have enough copies of the Logic upgrade when I head to the store today.

10. macrumors 6502

How ironic. You cannot use your iphone on this site. The serial number cannot be entered. All you get is the number keypad so letters cannot be entered.

11. macrumors 68020

question fear

Worked for me! I love it, Apple did a great job handling what was probably a sticky situation.

I found it interesting that you get your code through an "AT&T free message", that is probably another way of verifying you own the phone.

12. macrumors 65816

It's also important to note that if you purchased your phone after 22nd August but didn't hear about the price drop until after the 14-day return period had expired, Apple and AT&T have extended the $200 price protection refund until 19th Sept.

So, if you missed getting your $200 refund because you didn't hear about it or couldn't get to an AT&T or Apple Store, your 14-day period has been extended all the way to 19th Sept. -- so you are still covered even if you missed the normal return window. (Like me. I tried the store credit web site and this is what it told me to do: take your receipt in by 19th Sept.) So, good news! I thought I'd have to settle for the $100 credit, but I can still get the $200 refund.

13. macrumors member

ha - just thought about that - those who unlocked their iphone and are either using with another carrier or without any carrier are basically screwed out of getting a credit, because the ONLY way to activate the credit is through the ATT message to your phone

14. macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

Sweet, got my credit. That was really easy. I was thinking you were going to have to submit a lot more info than that.

Thanks Apple!

15. macrumors 68040

tobefirst

That was easy. The hard part will be deciding what to spend it on. :)

16. macrumors 68000

billchase2

sweet! just got mine! :)

17. macrumors regular

OK, I Got a text message with a code, what am I suposed to do with it?

18. macrumors 68040

mduser63

That was easy. I have my credit now. Still haven't decided what to buy with it. Probably Leopard...

Note: When I printed the page, it was missing the numbers, just had the bar codes. Printing to PDF sort of fixed it, but it's still sort of messed up, with overlapping text and such...

19. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple posted details about the $100 Apple Store Credit for early iPhone adopters.

If you bought your iPhone before August 22, you qualify for an instant $100 electronic credit toward the purchase of products at the Apple Retail Store or the Apple Online Store.

Step 1: Identify your iPhone
    To confirm eligibility, simply enter your phone number and iPhone serial number in the fields provided.

Step 2: Enter your access code
    You will receive an SMS text message on your iPhone containing the access code to redeem your $100 credit. Enter your phone number and your access code in the fields provided to generate an electronic store credit.

Step 3: Get your $100 Apple Store credit
    You will receive a $100 electronic store credit to purchase products at the Apple Retail Store or the Apple Online Store.

Requests must be submitted between September 13, 2007 and November 30, 2007.

Article Link

20. macrumors demi-god

This is kinda "duh" obvious, but about two weeks ago, AppleCare replaced my original iPhone (that I bought on 6/29). The serial number of my replacement iPhone "wasn't eligible", so I had to hunt down my original phone's serial number.

21. macrumors 65816

Well nimrod, since you're so on top of things this morning you think you can find us that WiFi Store update today, too? Really, I'm betting we have to wait a while longer. Alas.

22. macrumors 6502

jellomizer

Being most products from Apple are over $100.00 that means they get more profit. Perhaps a bluetooth head set.

23. macrumors 6502a

sblasl

You have restored the credibility of "Newbies";);)

Thanks for the info, quite painless and is typical Apple, "It Just Works"

Thanks Again

24. macrumors 6502

BKKbill

Love the checks good the see Apple isn't just giving the money away.:p

25. macrumors regular

too bad you can't put a $100 credit on your AT&T bill...