Apple Posts New iPhone TV Ad 'Music Every Day'

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 23, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple started running a new iPhone ad this evening called 'Music Every Day', the second in a series that launched last month with a spot entitled 'Photos Every Day'. Both ads in the campaign focus on people actually using the phone, rather than just the phone itself.

In a series of colorful clips, the iPhone is used by owners to listen to music at school, in the shower, at the gym, at a club, at a swim meet and more.

Article Link: Apple Posts New iPhone TV Ad 'Music Every Day'

2. macrumors 6502

0:18 - Careful. You could set off the water sensors.
    0:36 - What, you're going to jump into the pool with your iPhone? That'll definitely set off the water sensors.
    0:52 - Stahp.

3. macrumors 6502

Better than the cheesy commercials for the iPad with the screaming people.

4. macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

Weird typography choice at the end.
    iPhone just switched from Myriad Pro regular to Myriad Pro light and now they switch to bold?

5. macrumors member

pezj

Would absolutely love to buy an iPhone someday.

6. macrumors newbie

7. macrumors regular

Yes, bring back simplicity!

While some scenes can be a bit too blissful. I'd say it's pretty accurate!

8. macrumors 6502

Menopause

Simple, colorful, engaging and cultured ads. Excellent job. Much better than the ones from other companies taking jabs and cheap shots at their competitors.

9. macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    When I was in DARE in 6th grade, we learned the major advertising techniques that sellers of alcohol would use to try to get us to drink.

These new ads are the most textbook versions of what DARE called bandwagon-advertising, i.e., "everyone else is doing it."

The ads might be better without the tagline, as I'm not sure how much people really want to do what everyone else is doing.

I can't remember all the other advertising techniques; though, one was using celebrities, which Apple has also done recently.

I like ones that are a little less obvious in technique.

10. macrumors 6502

11. macrumors 6502

jozeppy26

it's so sad I noticed that too

12. macrumors 68030

cmChimera

13. macrumors 6502

jozeppy26

I won't lie, I did a lot of things in the past because "other people were doing it", but I got laid in high school so definitely all worth it.

14. macrumors 601

Icaras

Yea I really liked this ad too. Agree that back to simplicity is a great thing for Apple.

Also, I'm assuming some of these shots might be from other countries, which is if it is, is a nice touch too.

15. macrumors G5

Interesting timing given Google's streaming music launch.

16. macrumors regular

a bit long, a bit slow

but still good overall

17. macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Good ad, but at the end it should have just had a graphic that said iPhone. No words at all.

18. macrumors 65816

What makes these ads so great is how real they are.

19. macrumors member

ArchAndroid

This ad was simple and beautiful but it didn't need any narration; it was self-illustrating. Apple commercials without speaking >>>

Also, for an add which highlights the musical features or 'iPod-ness' of the iPhone, would it kill them to actually show a Touch or a Shuffle in these commercials?

20. macrumors 6502

Cue apple iWatch rumors

Can anyone identify the watch at 0:30?

21. macrumors regular

AppleMactablet

Wow was just gonna post the same iWatch maybe lol

22. macrumors 68020

teknikal90

The talking ruined it.
    They shouldn't have anyone narrate anything and just have it say 'iPhone'...then the apple logo.
    the talking is redundant - adds no value and makes it go down to a used car ad level of cheap.
    The Macbook Air ad with the folio was great - conveyed the message. the thing is thin. it didnt need a random person saying 'lightest notebook in the world...if you want to be popular buy this!'...

23. macrumors 6502

Ungibbed

Odd enough but truthful. Everywhere I go I have my iPhone 5 and ear pods. Of all the phones I've had, the ear pods really made a huge leap in sound quality and working seamless with the music player in iOS. The best Android experience was with my Galaxy Nexus and the headset from my Galaxy S3.

The simplest thing with the iPhone spoiled me since the days of the 3GS. Volume control on the headset.

The only other device that did this for me was my BlackBerry Bold 9700 and the classic BBOS. Not sure if the new models are even compatible as the extra buttons failed with my PlayBook.

24. macrumors 6502

AriX

I believe the lighter variant is usually used for the "iPhone 5" text, whereas the "iPhone" text is usually set as before.

25. macrumors 6502a

3 seconds of narration... c'mon