Apple PowerCD

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by 5300cs, May 7, 2003.

1. macrumors 68000

5300cs

Hello folks,

Yes, yes. Once again it's your old pal 5300cs asking strange questions;) (I've managed to partially scare a used hardware shop downtown. Whenever I come in they all try to look busy 'cause they know I'll be asking for something rare/out of production for the past 10 years:p )

Anyway, I saw a PowerCD on auction and was wondering if anyone has one, and if they do, what does it do? Would it be cool to own one? I've heard it's a rare item and thought about adding it to my collection, but was wondering if it's worth it.

Anyone?

2. macrumors 68040

applemacdude

I have one. It's a apple cd player. U ca neither connect it to your pre internal cd mac or listen to it on the go..although its big. how much is it worth?

clickhere

3. thread starter macrumors 68000

5300cs

The one I saw on auction was only opened once, still in it's original box w/manuals and all that.

It's going for around $200

4. macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

have one somewhere here... yeah, the base stores batteries (8 double A if i remember right) so it could be used with an older powerbook with SCSI adaptor, or as a personal CD player (tho it's a tad big for that). My two favorite features are the light-up display that just looks cool, and the video-out combined with the remote, you can display photo CDs right to a TV.

pnw