Apple Preparing for Mac OS X 10.5.1

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 5, 2007.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

With Mac OS X Leopard a little over a week old, Apple has already begun making preparations for seeding the next revision of Mac OS X (10.5.1) to testers.

No details on the revision are yet available, but Apple has traditionally pushed out updates quickly after initial release. Apple released the first .1 update to Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) less than three weeks after its initial release.

Meanwhile, we are still waiting for the Mac OS X 10.4.11 update which has been expected any day now. Apple even references the unreleased update in a number of technotes.

Article Link

2. macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I want some LDAP fixes.

NFS works great though! For once...

3. macrumors 68040

queshy

cool, probably the TM-airdisk thing will be sorted out, and maybe we'll get back the star wars hologram effect (even though we can already sorta get it...). Truth is I'm hoping that they'll sort out some of the interface sluggishnesses.

4. macrumors 65816

valdore

How long until it hits the shelves?

5. macrumors 6502a

IEatApples

Great! :)

… it's badly needed! (things like repairing permissions not working is serious!)

6. macrumors member

PruneTracy

'Bout dang time Apople did something about this!

7. macrumors 68040

Grimace

I've done an archive-install and then clean install and I still have major issues with freezing and horizontal banding (lines of random pixels). Aperture is all jacked up with the thumbnail previews not always displaying the correct image (to say nothing its problems with Time Machine)

I really hope this comes out soon, I feel like I should have waited...

8. Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

hopes the airport issues i'm having are fixed with this update.

9. macrumors regular

Any updates are appreciated, although I have to say (*knocks on the wood*) that I don't have any major problems after doing a regular upgrade! And minor troubles just come and go every now and then, but nothing that would make me wanna throw the computer out of the window =).

10. macrumors newbie

hmm

well i'll worry myself about this if i ever get my utd copy of leopard! sent the 25th and still not here!:mad:

11. macrumors 6502a

SolRayz

^airport issues...to put it mildly. Ive had such bad luck with AEBS lately than Im thinking of reverting back to Tiger.:mad:

12. macrumors P6

twoodcc

i hope this fixes Madden 08 for Mac. right now it basically doesn't work at all in Leopard

13. macrumors 65816

zombitronic

Apople. Almost as good as pwned.

14. macrumors regular

What airport issues are people having? I have an Airport Extreme Base Station and haven't had any problems.

I HAVE had my bluetooth mouse and keyboard suddenly lose connection a few times since my Leopard install, but this may just be a coincidence.

15. macrumors 68000

ErikGrim

I'm somewhat glad that we've gone from FTFF to FTFFR, but god damn it Apple: Fix the F*cking FrontRow!

16. macrumors 6502

joegomolski

Apple Preparing for Mac OS X 10.5.1

Hum,

I'm having problems with Mail.

Mailboxes disappearing.

And 3 copies, in Mail, of "On My Mac" In the main screen left hand column.

Why 3 copies of the same mailboxes?

And if I delete 1 of the multiple "On My Mac" all of them disappear, I then have to go back to import mailboxes.

Anyone else with this problem?

Joe G.

17. macrumors G4

Eraserhead

What's wrong with it? It looks nice from my brief dabble.

18. macrumors 6502a

!¡ V ¡!

You and I are in the same boat my friend. :(

Surprised how long it take the postal service to deliver anything these days.

19. Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Not remembering the connection upon waking and then the dreaded "connection timeout"

20. macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Oddly enough, my Airport has worked twice as good since upgrading to Leopard.

It was shotty before and now works much better

21. macrumors 6502a

Jetson

So far I'm favorably impressed with Leopard. Not bad at all for a new OS.

But I have run into a few minor problems too.

As IEatApples pointed out, Disk Utility won't repair permissions.

And the Dock won't redraw properly after running a graphics intensive game. I keep my dock at the bottom, and after running Jinni Zeala, the Dock icons are covered with green blobs. Moving the Dock to the side and then back to the bottom clears it up.

The Leopard installer did not retain my mail SMTP settings. I tried to send an email and the send button was grayed-out. After a little searching around I discovered that my outgoing server settings were blank.

Of course, Finder no longer automatically remembers window settings - it applies one setting globally, unless you goto info and check a button to always use a setting for a particular window. This isn't really a bug, but a feature loss.

Time Machine could use a few more user options, such as choosing the frequency of backups, having a backup now button, etc. Again, it's not a bug but a feature nice to have.

Overall though I really like Leopard. Can't wait to see what's in this first revision.

22. macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Please Apple hurry! I'm reluctant to start reinstalling all my apps in my clean install of Leopard. Because if this next release doesn't sort out a lot of my issues I'm going back to Tiger until Leopard runs as good.

23. macrumors newbie

Why is it that when i want to rename a file it doesn't select the file extension??? This is almost as frustrating as when finder is in cover flow view and holding down the arrow key to move to a certain character while renaming a file and having cover flow scroll to a different file in the direction that is pressed. WHERE ARE MY OPTIONS TO TURN THIS KIND OF STUFF ON/OFF?

...but all in all i am a very happy customer.

24. macrumors demi-god

/dev/toaster

I really hope they fix the Timemachine issues regarding SMB, AFP (non-leopard) and serving off Airdisks.

Flash is also really unstable, 99% of my Firefox or Safari crashes are due to it.

Mail.app stops checking new mail every once in a while, the worst then about it is you don't realize it until you restart.

25. macrumors 65816

Quillz

Would be nice if 10.5.1 restored the functionality that Stacks had in the earlier developer builds.