Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

143146-yerba.jpg

Apple has begun prepping the Yerba Buena Center for Arts and appears to be placing large banners on the side of the building to mimic the invitations sent out last week. A reader has sent in this photo of the Yerba Buena center being prepped for the event.

Apple's media event will take place on January 27th at 10 a.m. Pacific time where Apple is expected to unveil their latest "creation". Rumors have pegged the focus of the event to be a new tablet device from Apple.

Article Link: Apple Preps Yerba Buena for Media Event

DipDog3

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2002
Are we all going to be disappointed when they reveal nothing more than an iPhone OS update?

Honestly, I don't think they wouldn't let the rumors get to such a fever pitch if they weren't going to release a tablet.

dwd3885

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2004
Are we all going to be disappointed when they reveal nothing more than an iPhone OS update?

Honestly, I don't think they wouldn't let the rumors get to such a fever pitch if they weren't going to release a tablet.

Actually, the ONLY thing I want Apple to talk about is an iPhone OS update, hopefully available ASAP! The tablet is of no interest to me at this time.

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
You know when this thing comes everyone will whine about some miniscule detail. As happened with the iphone and lots of other stuff.

acslater017

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2006
San Francisco Bay Area
The styling looks similar, but it doesn't look to be the exact same design! I hope they have another little clue by the time the entire thing is up :)

Yes, I compared the ink blobs. Yes, I have a life.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
i would laugh so hard if after so many rumors and news they release nothing but iphone os 4.0 LOL

Don't think the stock market would like that very much.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/1066...=CNNMONEY&cm_cat=Free&cm_pla=Feed&cm_ite=Feed

"A big week of Apple announcements begins after the closing bell. The market's attention will be focused on the tech bellwether, which is expected to announce first-quarter earnings of $2.07 a share. Apple is also expected to unveil its much rumored tablet computer Wednesday. Its stock was rallying 2.9% higher to $203.50."

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
i would laugh so hard if after so many rumors and news they release nothing but iphone os 4.0 LOL

It won't happen that way.

Apple would have quashed all of these tablet rumors before they got to this level if there was not going to be a tablet introduction.

The hype feels exactly as it was prior to the first iPhone introduction.

thomasdzubin

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2009
Canada
Tablet?

What's this about a tablet? I'm really disappointed that I haven't heard about this earlier. I just wish I could hear speculation and rumors and various people's guesses about this "tablet" thingy.

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
...where Apple is expected to unveil their latest "creation"....

Expected? This makes it sound like a possibility. Considering the invite says "Come see our latest creation", I believe it's a fact, not an expectation. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.