Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

wwdc2016-250x250.png
Apple today invited members of the press to attend the keynote event for its annual Worldwide Developers Conference, set to take place from June 13 to June 17. The keynote will be held on June 13 at 10:00 a.m., the standard start time for Apple's media events.

It will take place at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco, a venue able to hold more attendees than Moscone West, where the event has taken place in past years.

Apple is expected to launch new versions of iOS and OS X, along with new versions of tvOS and watchOS, its two newest operating systems. There's also a possibility we could see the debut of new hardware products, and much of the Mac line is in need of an update.

iOS 10 and OS X 10.12 will be the two major announcements at the event. iOS 10 is believed to include a redesigned Apple Music app, a Siri SDK for developers, and Apple Pay support for web browsers, allowing Apple Pay to be used to make purchases via Safari much like PayPal. OS X 10.12 is expected to bring Siri integration to the Mac for the first time, with a dedicated Siri button available through the menu bar and dock.

In past years, Apple has made a live stream of its Worldwide Developers Conference keynote available on the web and through the Apple TV, and it is likely to do so again this year. MacRumors will also provide live coverage of the event both through MacRumors.com and through our MacRumorsLive Twitter account.

Article Link: Apple Sends Press Invites for June 13 WWDC Keynote at 10:00 AM

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Is the amount of seats the only reason Apple have moved the event to the Bill Graham Civic, or could it have something in store. MacBook Pro's maybe, every time Apple has used the Bill Graham Civic they have announced something new, i.e the Apple 2 and last Septembers iPhone 6s, iPad Pro and the Apple TV 4.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Anybody fancy playing the keynote drinking game with me? Hopefully should make it a little more interesting, at the very least.

You know, whenever there's a buzzword — 'magical', 'Apple makes the best products in the world', 'innovation', 'thinner' ... I could use some help writing up the rules, though, unless there's already a game written. What would justify a shot of hard liquor, for instance?

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
Coming from someone that looked forward to the WWDC keynote every year like a kid looking forward to Christmas, I can honestly say I couldn't care less. Apple has become boring.

Not sure why everyone is giving you a hard time. While I am still excited about it, It doesn't give me that Christmas morning feeling it used too....

doctorwhofan98

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2014
England, UK
It doesn't feel like we've had many rumours this year, particularly about iOS 10, so I'm excited to see what's unveiled. But if they don't announce new MacBook Pros I'll be disappointed, regardless of how good the new software looks - the processors are available and it's nearly the back-to-school season; Apple must be really stupid to delay the launch until September/October.

I was overly excited for the March event but that turned out to be relatively boring, so I'm hoping WWDC will be different.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.