Apple Price Changes

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by dynamicd, Feb 11, 2003.

1. dynamicd macrumors 6502

Jul 16, 2002
    My b-day is coming up in April and I've had my eye on the isticks. I was just wondering how often hardware prices like that change? It just seems like they've been out for a while and should go down in price sometime soon.
  2. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

Jan 22, 2003
    In your head.

The day you buy a piece of technology, a newer better and less expensive version comes out. If you want something, decide if it is worth the price to you, order it if it is, and enjoy it when it arrives. If keep waiting for a price change, you will never purchase it.

This said: If you are planning to purchase equipment and you are near a major Apple or Apple product event, wait until it passes.

What’s an “isticks”? Do you mean Harman Kardon’s SoundSticks?
  3. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

Aug 14, 2001
    Go with the JBL Creature Speakers. You'll save $70 and get (pretty much) the same sound quality.
  4. Bear macrumors G3

Jul 23, 2002
    Sol III - Terra
    I found the JBL Creature speakers to be a bit tinny sounding. the SoundSticks are much better.

Of course speakers are very much a personal opinion item. So go listen and decide which you want.
  5. morlium macrumors regular

Dec 18, 2002
    the jbl invaders look to be a nice combination of these two products; plus you get five speakers instead of three.

they'll be available next month.
  6. uhlawboi80 macrumors 6502

Sep 8, 2002
    there isnt alot of info posted about the jbl invaders...wonder what the connections are.

if i could get them plugged into my TiBook id take em!

edit: i found the press release, and they say it will work with normal stereo sound cards in laptops and even personal CD players/mp3 players. guess they will work with my TiBook :D
  7. aethier macrumors 6502a

Feb 1, 2003
    Montréal, Canada
    Well if i were you (i have the sounsticks and isub) i would get that altec lancing doulby 4.1 speaker system that sells for the same price (at least in canadian $'s ~230$ for either)
    i saw them at my local apple reseller and found them much better quality then the soundsticks then wanted to kick my self when i saw they were the same price....
    any ways the altec speakers are 400w's and the ss's are like 60w i think

8. ScottDodson macrumors 6502

Jan 31, 2003
    I also agree on the altec lansing setup over the soundsticks. The soundsticks (with sub) for 199 is a huge ripoff. The sound is pretty bad (once the volume is up) and it sounds real "tinny". I got rid of mine when I bought them (I had them about a week). But if looks are what you are going's agreed that they are the nicest looking. But if you want a really sweet setup, for about the same price, look into the logitech 4.1 surround 5 piece. These babies are sweet!!! And at 149...well worth the money. c'mon man they are THX certified!!!

Logitech Z-560 Speaker System
    more info can be found on the apple store website

p.s. sorry this thread has gone off your origional question....I just don't want anyone else to make the mistake I did.