Apple Price Cuts

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Lancetx, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

I haven't seen this mentioned yet on here, but if it has already I apologize ahead of time. Apple seems to have cut the price by $20 of the basic Apple keyboard and mouse to $29 each. The wireless bluetooth versions are now $10 lower at $59 each.

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

3. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Oh my! Does this mean new keyboards and mice?

It may add to the speculation to the end of the eMac. Though that would leave us with the G5 iMac with an odd looking keyboard and mouse, if these are on the way out.

4. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

These price cuts were first noted when the display prices dropped this week. Maybe Apple is finally going to introduce keyboards that match the PowerMacs, as well as three button scroll mice.

5. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Now THAT would be something: if Steve introduces a three-button apple mouse at MWSF, I would actually regret not being able to see it live. I can skip all the other stuff, but I just want to see the look on his face when he unveils the mouse he said Apple would never make.

6. Lugonn macrumors newbie

7. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

We have discussed this issue already!
    - More white products than aluminum, so now aluminum keyboards.
    - Steve going to a 2-button mouse would be like the movie industry shooting all movies in 4x3.
    - I do believe a solid state scroll wheel of some sort will be added to the mouse though.

8. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

I doubt they'll release a three button mouse, but I'm betting they'll release a one button mouse with scrolling capability in the form of a touch sensitive area (like a straight version of the iPod scroll wheel) in the middle of the mouse.