Apple Price Drop Rebates

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by maraczc, Aug 26, 2003.

1. maraczc macrumors member

May 20, 2003
    Toronto, ON
    I am talking about how if you buy a computer and within 10 days the price drops you get the difference refunded. I have some questions about the details?

1. Does this apply to all resellers or just the online store?
    2. Does it only count if it's the same model at a lower price? Such as the powerbook price cut, or does do revisions where the price drops count too?
    3. What if new offer (such as the free printer) comes up within 10 days of purchase, can you still take avantage of it?
  2. jxyama macrumors 68040

Apr 3, 2003
    Re: Apple Price Drop Rebates

1. i think only apple does this 10 day thing. so either apple retail store or online. other resellers may have even more generous price matching policy.

2. i think it only counts for the same model offered at a cheaper price. but if you bought a ti right now and a 15" al came out 10 days from now with a price increase, i'd imagine you can pay the difference to get it "upgraded" (however, you may have to pay the 10% restocking fee if you open the ti.)

3. new offers should have a qualification on when the machine has to be bought. if the offer is extended back before it comes out, i think you'd qualify, but otherwise, not.

so it's not exactly a worthwhile gamble... make sure you like what you get and not "bet" on an update in the 10 day period.