Apple pricing in Canada

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by fv_sound, Oct 25, 2004.

1. fv_sound macrumors newbie

Oct 25, 2004
    An observation.

The Canadian dollar is finally getting closer in value to the US dollar. After comparing the price of a Dual 1.8 Power Mac here in Canada with the list price on the US on-line Apple Store there is a difference of over $400CDN for one with a couple of additions. (base $1999US / $2799CDN)

It would great for Apple sales here in Canada if our prices more closely reflected the actual US list price. Here hoping for an update from Apple management!
  2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Dec 26, 2002
    Albuquerque, NM
    Duff-Man says....Hi there and welcome....there is already another current thread going about pricing in other countries. Apple Canada does evaluate its prices against exchange rates periodically and they make the necessary adjustments. There is always a bit of a lag though as they wait and see if the trend is long term or just a temporary "blip." Just last year when I renewed my .mac is was $160cdn when I accepted the renewal but by the time my actual renewal date came around and they processed the charge it had dropped to $140cdn - that is what they charged me. It is especially important for Apple Canada to price properly as there is so much cross-border traffic in goods. And it works the other way too sometimes - when I bought my iPod the Canadian dollar was dropping and the prices had not yet been adjusted upwards - I paid *less* than what people in the USA were paying....oh yeah!
  3. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

Oct 19, 2004
    Calgary, AB

duff man....your my hero :D