apple pro keyboard

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by erio, Sep 20, 2004.

1. erio macrumors member

Sep 20, 2004
    hello, i'm a new mac user. i was wondering if there are different kinds of black apple pro keyboards, model number M7803. i was surfing the web and noticed that there is an apple logo on the back/underneath. i purchased a used one from someone and it had no logo on the back :eek: . it does, however, have a little apple logo on top of the F9 key. could a mac guru please enlighten me? thank you. :)
  2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

Sep 8, 2002
    The Netherlands
    The black Pro Keyboard with the black Apple logo on the back is the older one. That keyboard has a grey USB cable.
    The "newer" black Pro Keyboard has a white USB cable, but no black logo on the back for some reason..... I can't remeber exactly which G4 came with the newer black keyboard (Digital audio, or QuickSilver?).
    Both have the little Apple-logo right above the F9 key.

3. erio thread starter macrumors member

Sep 20, 2004
    thank you. i wasn't so sure if i got a fake one. was there any improvements with the newer one? it's strange that they removed the logo on the back. i thought apple likes to stamp their mark on everything. :D
  4. mklos macrumors 68000

Dec 4, 2002
    My house!
    I hate the new Apple Pro Keyboards. They look cheap, collect dirt, dust, crumbs, etc very easy, and I don't like the placement of the USB ports. I'd rather see them on the side rather than on the back. I have the Keyboard just before this current one. It has the white keys with the USB ports on the sides and I love it.
  5. wowser macrumors 6502a

Jan 25, 2004
    Inglaterra, Europa
    MKlos - i feel similar to you - I constantly have to hoover mine, and the USB slots should be nearer the edge of the back. I like the look of them, but above my USB slots, where the clear plastic starts, mine has a chip, and i think this is a weak spot.