Apple 'Pro Mouse' vs. 'Mouse'

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by KevRC4130, Oct 21, 2004.

1. macrumors 6502

Hi everyone,
    So this is sort of an addition to my other thread about this problem. I bought a Pro Mouse on ebay, and it doesn't work with my Powerbook. I took it to CompUSA and tried it on the iMac G5, no dice. I also tried it on a Windows laptop. No dice. What I did notice was that the mouse I have is a 'Pro Mouse' with a little adjustment wheel around the optical eye. The 'Mouse' was what was hooked to the Macs are CompUSA, and the optical eye was just in a small hole without the adjustment wheel. Also, I emailed the seller and he told me that it worked fine on his computer running OS9. What I'm getting at is, is the 'Pro Mouse' not compatible with OSX, and for OSX one uses the 'Mouse'? It seems dumb that they aren't backwards compatible, but who knows. Also, I don't have an OS9 machine to test it on, so I really don't know.

Thanks

2. macrumors 6502a

Billicus

A picture would be helpful... Most mice work with OS X no problem... Maybe something happened to it while it was shipped. That could result it working fine on one end, and coming out non functional on the other end. :eek:

3. macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

Pro Mouse is definately OS X compatable--One of those came with my old iMac G4, which came with OS X. Definately no issue there--I still would have to say it's a bad mouse.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

This is the Pro Mouse, what I have... [​IMG]

This is the Mouse...
    [​IMG]

5. macrumors member

JediL1

Dude, I think the Pro Mouse is damaged or somthing. I've used that same model pro mouse on multiple macs include OS X and it works fine. I'd contact the seller.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

The seller told me he had to download something to get the mouse to work, but he can't remember what. Any ideas?

7. macrumors regular

Don't you think its a little convenient how the seller can't remember what he downloaded?

BS...the seller is trying to get you to stop bothering him because:

A) He sold you a busted mouse

or

B) Something happened during shipping and the seller doesn't wan't anything to do with it.

8. Moderator emeritus

I think he might be winding you up.
    The Pro Mice work plug & play with OS9 & X.

9. macrumors 6502a

RGunner

the mouse is busted

all Apple mice (even old ADB serial) versions work with OSX without loading software...

loading software is a windows term :)

10. macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

I use the Pro Mouse. The Mouse is fairly new. In fact OS X is much older than the new mouse. OH, btw, there is no software to download.

11. mms
    macrumors 6502a

12. macrumors 6502

He's trying to screw you. The mouse is broken, period.