Apple Pro Speaker, Sound Sticks...Creatures

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by FyreFrog, Feb 5, 2003.

1. FyreFrog macrumors newbie

Do the Pro Speakers have really poor sound quality?? if so which is better Sound Sticks or the Jbl Creatures?
    i just want to get it when i get my iMac.

Thanks!

Getting new imac Fri !:D

2. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

I was very unhappy with the Pro Speakers and in fact returned them due to unequal midrange performance. I tend to be a bit picky when it comes to audio though.:)

Both the creature speakers and the iSticks are very nice but due to the nature of a speaker the size of the creature speakers there is no way they can compete with the full audio spectrum that the iSticks can produce. The one time I heard the iSticks I was very impressed.

3. Ziggyzee macrumors member

Absolutely not. For stock speakers they are actually pretty good. Are they as good as soundsticks or creatures, no. But I am not using these speakers to listen to music all day, that belongs to my home theater.

It all depends on how important computer speakers are to you.

4. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

I have the soundsticks. Not that I am any type of music guru, but they do sound great. Half of the purchase is the sound, and the other half is for the looks. They are soooooo cool. :)

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I have a pair of pro speakers and they rock, now i will say that you should have the isub with them because it does make a world of difference since the mac will divert the lows and power to the sub and the midrange and highs to the pros. then all you have to do is set the equalizer in itunes to your preference. pro's by themselves are good. the pro's with the isub are greeaaaate!

6. King Cobra macrumors 603

7. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

I have the pro speakers, and to me they are fine. I would like to hear the iSub and iSticks though, just to see how they sound. The iSticks are neat looking though. :D

8. Bear macrumors G3

The iSub is designed to work with the Pro speakers. And it works nicely in my opinion.

The SoundSticks have a subwoofer that looks like the iSub, but it's a bit different.

I'd say if you got a Mac that came with the Pro speakers, just get an iSub. Otherwise you need to choose between the Pro/iSub combination or getting the Sticks.

9. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

10. iconrad macrumors member

What is the difference between the iSub and the sub that comes with the sound sticks?

11. Bear macrumors G3

The iSub is of course a powered sub that plugs into a USB port. The Pro speakers plug into an audio line out dedicated for the Pro speakers.

The Sound Sticks plug into a USB port. The sticks and the sub are wired together.

If you go to Harman Kardon's website, it even points out the two subs are not interchanable due to the differences.

12. technocoy macrumors 6502a

technocoy

aahhh!!

get some monsoon flat panels!!.. i have a set and my friends with soundsticks want my monsoons!!

http://www.monsoonaudio.com

technocoy:D

13. iconrad macrumors member

Thanks for the information.:cool:

14. krhodus macrumors member

krhodus

15. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

MONSOON
    I bought the monsoon pm-ps last month and they kick a**. They are reasonably priced at $99 and they have a detachable controller. The sound is excellent and most reviews say that they sound as good as a Klipsch 2.1 set at half the price. i storngly reccomend the Monsoon over the Apple Pro Speakers or soundsticks. Everything is crystal with my PM-9s and they are perfect at the highest volumes.