apple pro speakers + G5

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rock6079, Oct 22, 2005.

1. rock6079 macrumors 6502

hey i just got my new2.3ghz dual-core G5 last night. this is replacing my iMac G4.

i have a pair of apple pro speakers that worked with the G4 but there is no such speaker output on the G5s. the apple pro speakers use a really small head and do not fit into a standard 1/8inch lineout or headphones out.

is there any way to connect them ? any suggestions.

it doesnt make sense to me that i would no longer be able to use them, and the apple store and apple support were of no help.

thanks

2. iEric macrumors 6502a

thers an adapter that u can buy at like radio shack. they'll know what ur talking about if u ask them and act all confused.:confused:

3. Bear macrumors G3

The Apple Pro speakers require an amplifier. It'll be better for you to just get a new pair of speakers and give the Pro speakers to whomever got the iMac.

4. rock6079 thread starter macrumors 6502

now im confused too.

can i just get an adapter (and if i can do you know more specifically what kind)

or do they need an amplifier that is not in the G5 and thus i cannot use them ?

5. Bear macrumors G3

The Apple Pro speakers require an amplifier. The systems that had a space to plug them in, have a small amplifier in them.

A simple cable adapter will not work.

6. taekat macrumors newbie

Griffin Technology

A little late .. but it might help ... check out Girffin Technology. The device is called iFire. I believe it will allow you to use Apple Pro Speakers on any firewire mac

Aaron