Apple Pro Speakers Question

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by trebblekicked, May 10, 2003.

1. trebblekicked
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

note: i tried to do a search for this subject on MR, couldn't find anything. i apologize in advance if this issue has been discussed already.

alright, so i finally upgraded my speakers on my quicksilver- i moved my stereo over to my desk and my computer is now running I/O a technics rack system w/ bose bookshelf speakers. quite an improvement over the APS.

But i have a tibook set up with an external monitor/mouse/powermate etc on the other side of the office, and i was wondering:
    is there any way to use apple pro speakers on a tibook? adapter? converter? anything?

i know the APS are designed to take power from the computer's power supply, which would seem to make this impossible, but who knows...any suggestions?

2. Jaykay
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

Currently i dont think there is any way to connect APS to a powerbook without the right port. Maybe somebody has made a converter but i seriously doubt it.

3. unc32
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

I thought that the speakers were usb? Perhaps I am mistaken though.

4. MacBandit
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 604

MacBandit

They use a proprietary connector.

You could always cut the wires and hook them to a small boom box or something with some wattage. Then use a sub-mini to sub-mini patch cord to the boom box to power them.

5. trebblekicked
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

thanks. that'll do. damn, griffin. is there anything they can't do?

macbandit:
    i actually thought about ripping the cord open, but my success rate in rewiring electronics is 1-in-3.

thanks for the help guys.