Apple ProCare Expectations

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kiddwnst, Sep 1, 2006.

1. kiddwnst macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, I have a question about Apple ProCare. To make a long story short, I had a bad, first gen iMac g5 and after a couple of weeks and a lot of frustration, my local Apple retail store replaced it with a brand new Intel iMac. Awesome. Well, for my trouble, they also threw in Apple ProCare for a year. My question is this, has anyone had ProCare and gone in for the 52 one hour lessons? I'm not new to Apple software, but I would like to get into some of the pro apps like Final Cut and Dvd Studio Pro. What kind of instruction should I expect? Is is going to be just the basics or can I actually master an app like Final Cut through these appointments? Is it worth my time? If anyone has had experience with this, please let me know.

2. wildgorilla macrumors newbie

Apple Pro Care or

I took my G5 to the Apple Store on Saturday. The drive had to be replaced.

I talked to a manager on Monday and Tuesday and each time was told the drive was being shipped in.

On Wednesday, the drive did not arrive. And after some close questioning, the manager admitted that the drive had not been ordered. So on Wednesday, Apple ordered it.

On Thursday the store told me that they would have my computer ready tomorrrow, Friday, one week after I turned it in.

Apple prides itself in being the best, and in this case their the best and being the worst.

Of course, Apple does not have a customer service email address.