Apple Product Survivor: The Classics, round 3

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by GeeYouEye, Apr 22, 2002.

?

The Classics, round 3

1. Apple I

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. Apple II

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Apple II+

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Apple IIc

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  5. Apple IIc+

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  6. Apple IIe

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  7. Apple IIgs

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

And today the anti-Lisa contingent struck a crushing victory, with 9 votes. The Apple II+ got 3 votes, the Apple IIe and IIc+ got 2 votes, with the Apple IIc and Apple I receiving 1 vote each.

1. Apple III (3)
    2. Lisa (9)

You may now vote for:

Apple I
    Apple II
    Apple II+
    Apple IIc
    Apple IIc+
    Apple IIe
    Apple IIgs

The first real difficult round, but I think I'll go for the Apple IIc.

2. GeeYouEye thread starter macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

since people are only voting, and not posting, in order to improve the presitge and rank of this thread, I now put an obligatory *bump*

I don't think I could have said that in any more words. Thoughts?

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

The Apple I might have started it all, but it never really caught on. Now their fame is all in the collectability based on Apple's overall appeal, not for the Apple I.

I vote to give it the boot...

4. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

kill it

I vote that we kill these threads. They are just wasting server space for arn and serve no purpose other then to add post numbers to the originator.

5. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Sheesh, this sounds like Survivor or The Weakest Link. :rolleyes: :D

Hey dukestreet, think you could create a short 3d clip of all the old classic Apple's standing around the Weakest Link podiums? I'm half joking, but I can picture it and it would be pretty funny... give 'em all personalities and everything...or not! :D

P.S. Personally, I prefer using ][ for the Apple II and //c for the Apple IIc. ;)

6. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Re: kill it

I thought you didn't give a rats arse about post counts...

Also, it's just text. Hey Arn, how taxed (no pun intended) is the server right now? Would removing this thread help much?

(edit) I forgot to mention, I voted for the Apple 1 because the ][ series of computers really revolutionized how I used computers, and also most of my friends.

7. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

I can relate to what alphatech has said, these kind of threads have been popping up like mushrooms in the fall.

8. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

Me too. That is the proper terminology for the old Apples. What perplexed me is that the IIgs' exterior says IIGS and the mobo says //gs. Go figure.

9. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Re: Re: kill it

Psillocybin or Amonita?.............gota be careful. Best to stick to Cow pastures for Psillocybin and avoid Amonita alltogether.:D ;) :rolleyes:

10. GeeYouEye thread starter macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

Get your votes in. Polls close at about 5:30 PM Pacific Time. BTW, for anyone who cares, I'll put the II as ][ and // next time.

11. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

and all us motorcycle fans are not wasting space, myself included...he he

i vote out the apple 1

ps - alphatech, will you customize the bike until you have put more money into customizing it than you paid for it, or is that just the territory of car and computer buffs;)

12. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

How come the IIgs has more votes than the //e? The IIgs is a superior machine in all respects.

13. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

the IIe was such a major groundbreaker for apple sales-wise even though the IIgs was a better machine

the apple I was more of a historical anomaly and i don't know of anyone who ever bought one, and i live near apple!

14. GeeYouEye thread starter macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

That's because Apple was originally based in Palo Alto, not Cupertino. (AppleStore connection, anyone?) Look there for people who bought one. BTW, polls close in about 5 mins.

15. GeeYouEye thread starter macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

16. GeeYouEye thread starter macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

17. GeeYouEye thread starter macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

Hmm. for some reason I can't link to the new post. Just go to "Apple Product Survivor: The Classics, round 3 deadlock"

18. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

cupertino and palo alto are practically right next to each other

19. GeeYouEye thread starter macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

not really. Cupertino is very close to San Jose (all right, closer to Mountain View, but that's a different story), whereas Palo Alto is about 1/3 of the way up the peninsula.

20. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i drive a lot and i used to travel from south bay in monterey to san francisco for school, so they are not actually next door neighbors like san francisco and san mateo, for instance... but close enough for me...and us 40 year olds used to walk it every day in five feet of snow;)

21. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

jef would u please stop talking about those places!!!!

u have no idea how badly I wanna be back there...oh god I wish I could go back.... ;) :p

22. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

sf...still cool but gone down a little

sj...a pit

sm...so so

pa...nice in an empty way

cup...clean but sterilized

23. GeeYouEye thread starter macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

hehe, yep. That's why I'm Walnut Creek. Contra Costa county is the best county around here.

24. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

contra costa is great since it is not destoyed by the silicon valley region and i am just south of the 4 1/2 region in monterey county...cisco was trying to move down here and bring high tech to the outskirts and chop down a lot of trees...not for the proposed plant, but for the housing it would take for all the workers

luckily, monterey county voted to stay out of the silicon valley core of santa clara, san mateo, sf, alameda, and santa cruz counties (actually, half of almeda county is not considered to be in the silicon valley business region)

pretty soon though, northern california will be like southern california with all the traffic and if current trends of people moving out of the east coast to the west coast continues, we will be the crowded coast and they will be the other coast...but domographics experts put that suarely somewhere in the 22nd century so i won't be around to have to sign up for a vacation to the uncrowded serenity of the east coast;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.