Apple Product Survivor: The Classics, round 6

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by GeeYouEye, Apr 29, 2002.

?

Round 6

1. [url=http://www.apple-history.com/quickgallery.html?where=aII.html]Apple ][[/url]

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. [url=http://www.apple-history.com/quickgallery.html?where=aIIe.html]Apple //e[/url]

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. [url=http://www.apple-history.com/quickgallery.html?where=aIIc.html]Apple //c[/url]

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  4. [url=http://www.apple-history.com/quickgallery.html?where=aIIgs.html]Apple //gs[/url]

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

And the loser is... the Apple I. With the subtraction of eyelikeart's vote, there was a tie between the Apple I, the //c, and the //gs at three votes. The Apple I had more previous votes than the other two, though, and and has been subsequently voted out. Oh yeah, the Apple ][ had 1 vote.

To recap:

1. Apple III (3)
    2. Lisa (5)
    3. Apple //c+ (11)
    4. Apple ][+ (5)
    5. Apple I (3)

So, then, this round, the choices are:

Apple ][
    Apple //e
    Apple //c
    Apple //gs

My vote goes to the //c.

2. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

MAKE IT STOP!!!

Will you PLEASE stop these posts??? The first few were ok (at best), but now, they are rapidly approaching true moronic levels. Get over it all... Classics are classics becuase they don't need anyone to talk about them (other then at shows, which this is NOT!).

Hey arn, what's your take on this????

(reaching for a can of you-know-what)

3. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: MAKE IT STOP!!!

might that be "whoop-ass?!"

would u like me to pass the whoop-ass? he he he... :p

4. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Re: Re: MAKE IT STOP!!!

I still have several cases in the kitchen, as well as a semi full of kegs. They are begging to be opened :D

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: MAKE IT STOP!!!

As for having more time on your hands than you know what to do with, well, this might be a good example. I have to agree with AlphaTech, it just doesn't really seem like these threads have any purpose.

What are your plans when you come up with a 'winner'?

And for the record, I've seen a lot worse threads:D

6. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Re: Re: MAKE IT STOP!!!

It gets a million dollars, then hosts its own TV show...

7. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

am i the only one who likes these posts?

i vote to can the IIc, since the others are more well known

8. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Looks that way jef...

9. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

he he, alpha

and why is it that my motorcyle friends (all but one) like one type of motorcycle and don't care for the rest

as a guitar afficionado, i liked any and all brands and worked my collection up to 53 instruments...now i have one once i got married..he he...long story

i like harleys, bmws, triumphs, indians, hendersons, gold wings, rocket bikes, and especially dirt bikes ( i grew up on evil knievel)

ps - i have no bike now

10. dualburn001 macrumors regular

It's pretty funny that everyone is complaining about how bad this thread is, but the poll got 9 votes.:p

11. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Posts...

Look, I have a few of the computers that you have had on your "polls." I don't care to see this crap anymore, because all of these computers are OUT OF DATE!

Alpha, I agree with you totally, and eye. Hold on..."ppppssttt!"
    There, my whoop-ass is now open, so no more of this ****!

12. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Not one from me....

Jef, I favor the cruiser style of motorcycle. I had a Yamaha (aka yamadog) Virago 750 before I got my Harley-Davidson Softail Standard. I will never get anything but Harley's now. I got on the old ride a couple of weekends ago to help the new owner get it out of the garage at work. It feels way to small on me now. Last year it was fine, now it's not.

MacAztec, did you get a case or 6-pack??? Any word from your father about the TiBook?? email/pm me with the 411.

13. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

he he he...

looks like Aztec is soon gonna be Alpha's trusty sidekick...

u guys could start the "whoop-ass" campaign...ha ha ha!!! :p

14. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Whoop-Ass

Yep, but now all I need is a BlackJack (those beatdown clubs) and a Harley...

15. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Re: Whoop-Ass

I prefer to use a .45 semi (large capacity) over a blackjack. :D

16. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

When I use to travel up in Alaska, I bought a can of Bear spray - basically super strong pepper spray, when I would take time off to go camping. Never got to use it, but I always wanted to, sort of. Just the thought of facing down a brown or black bear with nothing but a can of pepper spray is crazy though.

The one time we did bring a 357 with us, on an over weekend trip by the Kennicott Copper mines in the Wrangel - St. Elias park, it seemed to be a bit too much. One night we're in our tent and a black bear (saw prints in the morning) came around the tent, I woke up my friend who had the gun, and I was more afraid of him shooting me than the bear being interested in finding out what was in the tent. We were sleeping head to feet, and if I had so much as farted, well, I'd have a much more entertaining story to tell.

I still have that can around, I wonder what it would do to a human?

17. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

ROTFLMAO!!!!

My .45 probably would only piss the bear off, since the loads are slow and heavy (255 grain moving at about 725fps). I have heard that a porperly loaded .357 magnum, or .44 magnum CAN take down a bear, but you better do it with the first shot or you are bear mush.

Find some willing (or not willing) victim, ummmm, I mean volunteer, and see what the spray can do to a person. Or let your local cop have it to use the next time he needs to. Just make sure you don't piss him off. :D

18. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

I can only think of 2 things.........

that work reliably against a Kodiak:

A wolverine.

A jar of peanut butter containing a hand-grenade.

19. GeeYouEye thread starter macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

All right, AlphaTech, would you be happier if I had done one giant Survivor thread with EVERY Apple Product on it? That would have taken weeks (not to mention the fact that the poll is limited to 10 options), and I probably would have gotten more posts from doing that than doin it this way, where I get about 2 or three posts per thread. I point this out as you have accused me of spamming and post-grubbing. Beleive me, I could spam a lot worse than this if I wanted to. I usually get more posts per thead in others than I do in this one, and believe me, those posts take up more server space than these do (see the desktop picture thread), since you (or maybe it was dukestreet) have expressed concern over the amount of server space these threads take up. Oh yeah, and I don't see you complaining about, say "The Greatest Apple Product of all Time" threads. assurance seems to get posts from those, doesn't he/she? BTW, there is a reason for the way that I titled these threads: I am planning to do an Apple Product Survivor for the other product categories as well. I just had no plans to do them simultaneously. There will be an "Apple Products Survivor: the iMacs" but that will come later and be after several others. In the meantime, if you don't like the d@mn threads, don't read them and don't post in them. :mad: [/rant]

20. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

GeeYouEye, personally (and this is just me talking so far), I would have prefered that you didn't do any of these, let alone six of them. If you absolutely HAD to, put it as a post what you think, not six threads that make me want to blow chunks with the repetition.

21. King Cobra macrumors 603

Instead of calling the whole thing the Apple Product Survivor, why don't you call it the Apple Poster Survivor, and see which repetitive character among the forums gets my vote :)

Yeah, let's just drop the Survivor thing. I liked it when asurace did polls on the greatest products of all time. At least there was valid discussion, variation, and a vote for the BEST product, not the worst. And at least it is not the same poll (basically) over and over.

Any time is a great time for iPod.
    Record Breakout score: 1653

22. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

OOOOOHHHH SNAP! I think we got ourselves a WOOP-ASS KEGGER brewing!!! I say that this be ended like men, ok, each of you take 10 paces, turn and flame away....

23. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

You do realize that with 4 computers left, we'll see #7,8 and 9? And that's only the classics, what about the pre iMac, then the iMac contemporaries, oh the possibilities are mind numbing, this could go on till 2003!

AlphaTech, want to borrow my bear spray?

24. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

I messed up...

I voted Apple IIe, but at first I did not understand the poll. Anyhow I think the Apple IIe is probably known as the survivor without any poll needed. Didn't that computer have the longest run of any product ever produced by Apple? I think it had around a 10 year product run. Am I right?

25. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Nahhhh.. but I am severely tempted to get out the .50 cal sniper rifle out, and then send in the flamethrower troops.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.