Apple Production Suite

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gangst, Jan 17, 2005.

1. gangst macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

Recently I shall be receiving some money and was wondering wheteher to buy the Apple Production Suite. I'm using a 1.33ghZ PB with768mb ram, but it crossed my mind that this won't benefit the apps. Shall I wait until Dual 3ghz powermacs come out and buy at the same time, or buy now? Also I'm a big video editer and at the moment use Final Cut Express 2.0, is it worthy to buy the Apple Production Suite, I'm willing to learn new programs/buy tutorial books, is this a good set of programs and will I benefit from them.

Thanx

2. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

I say buy it. its a great deal, especially if you get the student discount version. I have it for my PB 1.5ghz and it runs beautifully.

With Final Cut Pro HD, you will feel right at home since you are a FCE user, you will notice a lot of new options and such.

DVD Studio Pro is pretty indimidating at first, but once you get the hang of it, you could start making real professional looking dvds

Apple Motion is a fun program to use for adding a few special effects to your videos and such.

Overall, like i said, its a great deal, and I highly recommend you buy it.

The only program that may struggle a bit on your system is Motion, but it has some pretty hefty requirements, but its still very usable on my PB.

3. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

I say buy it now... mess around with it on your current comp then when you get your G5 you'll feel right at home... of course with everyting running a hell of a lot faster.... :D

its a great suite... i wouldnt use anything else....

4. Sideonecincy macrumors 6502

is there any difference besides price for the educational and the retail version?

5. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

when it starts up it says Educational under the app name.... that's all ive really seen....