Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
Misinformation about Student ADC!!!!

You do NOT have to be enrolled in a developer type class anymore. Yes, that used to be the case, but it is no longer. My friend who works for Apple confirmed this - even though it may still be on their website.

As PROOF, I joined student ADC myself. The $99 fee was easily recouped when the sent me a full copy of Jaguar. I sold it, and made most of the $99 back. The 17" Powerbook was no longer $3299, but $2600 and change (plus tax.)

I sent my current set of classes (no tech stuff) and was enrolled in a day. ADC also speeds up your shipment of sluggish products. I ordered a 17" PB through ADC in April and got it 6 days later when the rest of the customers who ordered in January still hadn't seen theirs.

Thesis - you DO NOT have to be enrolled in a development-type class to join the student ADC.

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
Only join ADC if you are planning a large ticket item HARDWARE Purchase - or if you actually want to develop.

It gives you a one-time hardware discount. Use the educational discount for everything after you've splurged with the one-time ADC discount.

scifi451

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2003
MN
Originally posted by carletonmusic
Only join ADC if you are planning a large ticket item HARDWARE Purchase - or if you actually want to develop.

It gives you a one-time hardware discount. Use the educational discount for everything after you've splurged with the one-time ADC discount.

I think you get one discount per year. not a one time discount.

Wano

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2002
Originally posted by scifi451
I think you get one discount per year. not a one time discount.

They say in the agreement or something that it's a one-time discount per student even if you sign up for it again. So, if you sign again the fallowing year you wont get another discount.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.