Apple promotion question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dvader, Mar 1, 2007.

1. dvader macrumors regular

Does anyone know what months Apple's back-to-school sale, promotion, or bundles starts and ends?

Also in the past, has Apple also given us holiday sales, promotions, or bundles during Christmas, Black Friday (after Thanksgiving), or New Years?

I was planning on waiting till I graduate in 09 to get a MBP (I already own a computer) but am willing to make an early purchase (late 07 or early 08) if I can take advantage of these special offers.

2. ebouwman macrumors 6502a

if you're a student at a colledge or university you can get the education discount any time of the year.

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

In the past I know that they have had sales the day after Thanksgiving, but the products it is for vary every year. As for the others I can't remember right now.

4. dvader thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I read earlier that some of the promotions include MS Office and a carrying case.

I'll wait to get a MBP if I can get those with it.

5. Eric1285 macrumors 6502

Apple doesn't really do too many big promotions...they have the current one where you get $100 off a printer when you buy any Mac, and I remember one from a couple years ago where they gave you like $150 or $200 off an iPod when you bought a Mac. The best deals will be at your campus bookstore or computer showcase around the beginning of the school year. If you're school has a summer orientation program for incoming frosh, I'd start looking for fliers around that time.

6. Cult Follower macrumors 6502a

Cult Follower

They have had a free iPod deal with a purchase of a mac the past several years.

7. copperhead macrumors member

what months has it taken place in in the past?

8. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Is there a chance that new models will be released during the promotion? Or will the promotion be of the sole purpose of clearing old stock in preparation for the new releases?

9. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

Usually, early to mid June through mid September.

10. copperhead macrumors member

sweet! cuz i plan to buy in july.

11. dvader thread starter macrumors regular

I'd like to know this because I would love to get a newly released MBP with the promotions offers.

Although I don't mind helping out in the clearing of old stock as long as it has led screeen and leopard :)