Apple Prototype PCI Card w/ Firewire 200

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Macs R Us, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Macs R Us macrumors 6502

Here on My Mac(s) in my house in the USA!
    I have came across a Prototype Apple PCI Card (from 1997) this Card has Firewire 200 (2 ports), Coax (2 ports), and S-Video(1 port)... I have surmised that since this card is from 1997 (ie Steves year) that when Steve came back and terminated lots of products (like the Newtons). I know I have heard of firewire 400 and 800. I have been able to use this card and it works fine (at least the firewire) I looked up the #(820-0872 and AP2819-06) and found nothing about it... This card also has some sort of internal Hd/or video connector... Has any one heard of this?

2. Doraemon macrumors 6502

3. Macs R Us thread starter macrumors 6502

Sure I will get some pics... I know why its called "FireDrill" The card is all red... Be Back with the pics.

4. Macs R Us thread starter macrumors 6502

Here are the pics, sorry for the bad job of making the pic.:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. mkaake macrumors 65816

heh... if that's the same card i'm thinking of, it's not quite that rare... other world computing had a bundle of those that they were trying to sell off. at least 100 of them.

here... they've been selling these for a while now, and they're just now saying they're getting low. 5 bucks a pop.

http://eshop.macsales.com/Search/Search.cfm?Column=Description2&Criteria=prototype&Manufacturer=

<edit>

if there dates are right on the xlr8yourmac article about it, they've been selling these for at least a year now, if not more. sounds about right.