Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
I just got back from the apple store to check out the 'books (again) and the new mighty mouse. As far as the mouse goes, my overall impression seems to be "meh" but the jury is still out.

Anyway, Apple had a new advertising campaign in the front window, displaying all the ibooks and powerbooks with a slogan saying: "The only books you will need for back to school" or something to that effect. Definitely pushing the back to school thing. I am wondering if this means no powerbook updates before the school season (sept). I know a lot of people are holding out till the end of this month, but is this evidence that they won't see any action?

WillMak

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
Jay42 said:
I just got back from the apple store to check out the 'books (again) and the new mighty mouse. As far as the mouse goes, my overall impression seems to be "meh" but the jury is still out.

Anyway, Apple had a new advertising campaign in the front window, displaying all the ibooks and powerbooks with a slogan saying: "The only books you will need for back to school" or something to that effect. Definitely pushing the back to school thing. I am wondering if this means no powerbook updates before the school season (sept). I know a lot of people are holding out till the end of this month, but is this evidence that they won't see any action?

they had those signs out before the ibook update

stridey

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Massachusetts, Connecticut
Jay42 said:

Actually I think their main aimed audience is college students, so school season is mid/late august.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.